• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Pride of Britian

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Again, some true hero's on this programme tonight and best of all finished off with the remaining hero's of the Battle of Britian being honoured!

There are times when I am so god damned proud of the british men and women of this country and tonight was most definately one of them. I would actually give my left arm to spend just one day with those men from the BoB to sit and hear their war stories.

I dont know if any of you watched it but if so did you notice Holly Willoughby going over to PC David Rathband's wife when he was on the stage and it looked liked she whispered to her that he was amazing.

Great programme again and nice to HRH Charlie boy there as well.... old Camilla even had a few dabs of her eyes during the show.

beowulf

Sergeant
I was at an event recently where the remaining squadron member from BoB (a liney) gave us a speech. It was quite awesome to listen to him. The story itself was not that funny or long (with him being 90) but to be able to have that personal link for 4 minutes to the defining moment in the Service's history was humbling.

I was at an event recently where the remaining squadron member from BoB (a liney) gave us a speech. It was quite awesome to listen to him. The story itself was not that funny or long (with him being 90) but to be able to have that personal link for 4 minutes to the defining moment in the Service's history was humbling.

A 90 year old liney............i bet back in his day when the sh!t was well and truely hiting the fan and we were stretched to breaking point the expresion........"it il do a trip"wasnt a well worn liney catch phrase but really meant........"it il do a trip!"