• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Police

T

Tigger

A while ago I answered a shed load of questions about the police and how to get through selection. After the site overhaul the thread has been archived. What I am doing is putting all that info onto a document which will be posted here generally explaining the system, how I tackled it, and some hints and tips I picked up along the way.
If you have any questions you want answering send me a PM and I'll address it in the article.
I'll also put a day in the life of type thing so if you get asked the question, you'll be able to give a decent answer.

Sorry but I don't plan to make this force specific (Unless its Cambs), since the recruitment criteria is the same throughout Emgland and Wales.

Tiggs

M

MyShineyAr$e

Just got back from Bosnia to find a letter waiting for me from GMP.

Unfortunately it was a thanks but no thanks letter saying that my application hadn't been strong enough. The examples I had given were not strong enough, and as a result I only got one 'B' where i needed at least two to be considered for progression.

I will be the first to admit it was a rushed application because I recieved the paperwork whilst in Bosnia and had about 3 days to turn it round to meet the deadline set by GMP. Regardless of that though, if I don't have the necessary examples of bullying, discrimination etc to call upon, I can't see how I could have done better. I mean I can't just make stuff up so what do they expect from me. I avoided drawing on service life too much as advised by various people, but in this case i wonder if that went against me?

I have either had an easy life sheltered from misery and pain, or I see everything through rose tinted glasses, so in 6 months if I reapply, what can I possibly uses as examples.