• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The next King

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Am I correct that these developments are all rental properties owned by the Dutchy of Cornwall?
No. These are sold with 30% of them being ‘affordable’ and exclusive to Cornish people. What you refer to are ‘Duchy’ properties...there was a cottage in a tiny vilage across the creek from me years ago down in Restronguet that an old couple lived in. It was basic with no gas or oil so solid fuel only but the rent was a few quid as were many of those...basically you got them for life and the rent never changed.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Cheers Vim. I remembered seeing a programme about Charles and his Duchy of Cornwall and although it was mainly about farming, it implied that the occupants were tenant farmers - I just wondered if he'd taken it a step further.

Good to hear 30% are affordable and exclusive to locals - its something I wish more areas would do. Is there some covenant on those properties to stop the local people selling them on down the line to out of towners?

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Cheers Vim. I remembered seeing a programme about Charles and his Duchy of Cornwall and although it was mainly about farming, it implied that the occupants were tenant farmers - I just wondered if he'd taken it a step further.

Good to hear 30% are affordable and exclusive to locals - its something I wish more areas would do. Is there some covenant on those properties to stop the local people selling them on down the line to out of towners?
Yes there is. My sister has an 'affordable' property and it is stipulated that if she were to sell it on, it has to be to someone eligible.

Shiny10

SAC
I think you are a hypocrite.
Sorry mate, I am at loss to know how you can come to such a banal and idiotic conclusion. But I suppose that we can't all have been fortunate enough to be endowed with an IQ above 85, I suppose I must have been one of the lucky ones 😀

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Sorry mate, I am at loss to know how you can come to such a banal and idiotic conclusion. But I suppose that we can't all have been fortunate enough to be endowed with an IQ above 85, I suppose I must have been one of the lucky ones 😀

Do you remember saying the following:

I (Name) swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in duty bound, honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all enemies, and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, and of the Air Officers and Officers set over me. So help me God

That's how I came to the conclusion that you are a hypocrite.

Shiny10

SAC
Do you remember saying the following:

I (Name) swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in duty bound, honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all enemies, and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, and of the Air Officers and Officers set over me. So help me God

That's how I came to the conclusion that you are a hypocrite.
You are quite correct, I did swear the said oath and meant every word of it, but at the time I was a very nieve young man with no experience of life. I have since matured and learned many lessons in life. I have experienced the hypocrisy of some of the Royal Camp so came to the 'free thinking conclusion' that you must earn respect, it does not come with birthright! Am I wrong?
Please don't take this personally, you are obviously a die hard Royalist, (or Troll), so have a very merry Christmas (or holiday).