• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The new season beckons

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So you have moved on the aged has beens, the dead wood, the non triers and all the useless want-aways from your club. The manager and his staff have signed replacements and all is well. The preseason friendlies have been good and everybody's happy so dear optimistic footy fan how will your team do this coming season?

My lot Accrington Stanley

Best season a decent cup run to bring in the money, FA or league cup either will do, both would be fantastic. Get out of the Johnson's paint trophy ASAP (to many games) and really stretching credibility we make the play offs. Burnley get relegated

Worst season we crash out of all cups against fellow lowly teams which brings in no money and then we languish in the bottom six with small crowds all season. John Coleman performs another miracle and we somehow stay up and avoid the conference. Like last year

Your lot??

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
My lot, Sunderland.

The best I can hope for is another season where winning around 25% of the games will result in another season of premiership football, together with its sky high prices, prima-donna footballers, mercinery badge kissers, and kick offs changed at a moments notice to suit the tv audience.

And of course, the annual 6 points from the horse-punching dirty mags.

BIT4DIgCUAA_Wht.jpg

Attachments

• 34h8cvq.jpg
    34h8cvq.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My team? Portsmouth

Dream season? A cup run, playoffs and a trip to Wembley again and promotion to league 1.

Nightmare season? After changing pretty much the whole playing staff and coaching staff it all falls apart again by Christmas. Too many Johnny come latelies who only know the plastic premier league where money means so much except loyalty. Third year in the bottom tier and a place we find ourselves after all the corruption from 5 years ago.

Looking forward to the new season with optimism for the first time in years!

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Well TB, if we can get Jordan Rhodes off your other lot then I have high hopes for next season. A goal scorer was the difference between automatic and play offs for Boro last season. Not being able to kill off Blackburn and Leeds twice when dominating games cost us dearly.

briggfairy

Sergeant
For my team Southend after going up through the playoffs last year I'd take mid table obscurity (i'd prefer promotion but i think it would be too soon).

it looks like phil brown is building a decent side and if our rumored signings of Hunt and piggot come off then we should be in good shape, we need to hang onto our keeper as well, He will end up playing at the very top but he's better off playing at southend rather than sitting on the bench in the premiership.

Oh and of course I'd love to see Man utd struggle I can't stand a lot of their gloryhunting fans

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My lot Accrington Stanley.
Worst season we crash out of all cups against fellow lowly teams which brings in no money and then we languish in the bottom six with small crowds all season. John Coleman performs another miracle and we somehow stay up and avoid the conference. Like last year

Same as last year it is then:pDT_Xtremez_35:
League cup lost to Hull first round
In league 2 played 3 including first ever league defeat to Morecombe and a 4 points
This could be another struggle