• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 'New' 15 Sqn RAF Regiment

B

Bill Bones

Following the loss of Rapier, am I right in believing that 15 Sqn are being converted to a Field Sqn. What's the score with this and when will they be operational. Anyone got any gen?

Cheers,

Auggie looking at who he'll prob deploy with next year

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Following the loss of Rapier, am I right in believing that 15 Sqn are being converted to a Field Sqn. What's the score with this and when will they be operational. Anyone got any gen?

Cheers,

Auggie looking at who he'll prob deploy with next year
Bill, as far as I am aware 15 Sqn is not being converted it is being disbanded as of March 2008. Personnel will be farmed out to boost manning levels on other Sqns.

Look HERE for the full gen.

Hope this helps.

Gunnerrock

Corporal
Due to current Ops Tempo 15/26 combining to form another Field Sqn - Quick stint overseas this year then absorbed back into the Regt.

stever

LAC
fark me if they re-formed 15 sqn into a "field sqn"
it would be like a remake of the "dirty dozen"

still it would make sure all the leaves in the raf drains would be sorted
all those jankers lol

E

Enguineer

As someone recently posted off 15/26 I can tell you this! After 26 Sqn's final RRS tour in the Falklands finishing in Nov 06, they started field training with 15 Sqn.

This culminated with a Field Sqn deployment as 15 Sqn to Kandahar from Aug 07-Mar 08.

15/26 returned to Waddington at the beginning of March, and marched off the Station the following day, although official disbandment is 31st March.

Most personnel have now returned to their original units, with 26 Sqn personnel being posted. 15 Sqn will continue for the forseeable future at Honington as a Field Sqn.

27 Sqn is the next to have a go at Field Ops, they are currently working up to the Field role.

P

Portcullis

Dear chap, there are still some of us who consider the rapier-equipped 15 Sqn as the "new" one!

Ahh those long hot summer days at "H"!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

B

beav

have reformed 15 Sqn, with 26 sqn being disbanded have ( moving across to 15 ) just about made a complete Sqn, in may they were doing drill to replace QCS with Chris mears showing then how to do it