• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Matrix Trilogy

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
When the first Matrix movie first came out I remember thinking what a brilliant piece of Sci-fi it was. The world as we know it isn't real and only exists in a computer etc etc.

And then they spoiled it by releasing Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions, two of the most pompous, up-its-own-@rse films ever released. Just to be sure, I borrowed the DVDs and am still of the same opinion, they're full of constant precocious drivel about programs and anomilies which must balance each other out, characters such as the Oracle and the Architect who spout equally smug precocious nonsense, and others who appear to play no real role in the plot at all such as the Frenchman. And then there's the interminable fight scenes between Smith and Neo that go on, and on, and on.

The funny thing is, people who claim to undertsand what Reloaded and Revolutions are all about are loathe to share their insightfulness with others. This is probably because they don't know themselves but think they should because there MUST be a message in their somewhere - the Emperors New Clothes scenario :pDT_Xtremez_31:

What do other goaters think?

sid the squid

Sergeant
I'll be honest mate I really enjoyed the first film but totally got lost on the others and can't be ars*d to even begin to try and understand them. As you said a load of old drivel.
But Aliens 2 was good shame about the rest

Fu Fu Valve

Sergeant
First one was good but the other 2 just seemed to be a cash in!
it was amazing how as soon as the first one was a hit they announced it was part of a trilogy....

Aliens now we're talking, first one was good too the rest were a feeble attempt to to make cash and extend Sigourney Weavers career..

:pDT_Xtremez_25: now! how do i get out of this chicken sh*t outfit?:pDT_Xtremez_25:

ChrisBrit81

Sergeant
Agreed, Matrix 1 was the bollox, Reloaded was alright, as long as you don't try to understand what's going on and just enjoy the visuals. Revolutions was just a load of tosh, if it was an actual person I would like to tell it to fcuk off.

W

Wing boy

First one was good but the other 2 just seemed to be a cash in!
it was amazing how as soon as the first one was a hit they announced it was part of a trilogy....

Aliens now we're talking, first one was good too the rest were a feeble attempt to to make cash and extend Sigourney Weavers career..

:pDT_Xtremez_25: now! how do i get out of this chicken sh*t outfit?:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Aliens was the second film. Alien was the first film.

W

Wing boy

I am aware of this.. That's why i said ''Aliens now we're talking, first one was good too??????''
or was alien V's predator the first one?

:pDT_Xtremez_25::pDT_Xtremez_17:

Many apolooogies fella, I didnt see the word too. I should slow down and read things properly..

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I think we can all agree that Alien 3 was pants though , yes ?
Matrix should have stopped at two.
The Matrix trilogy summary.
===================
We're at war, we cheat, we lose, we're batteries, we rebel, we're mates :pDT_Xtremez_09: what a load of crap ! :pDT_Xtremez_06: