• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Formula 1 2014 Thread

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Hamilton? Pah! Come on, Jensen!

Button's time has come and gone during his time with Brawn when they cleverly got round the diffuser rules and left everyone in their wake. Even at the end of his title winning season he stopped winning races as the others close the gap. Great personality, but not one of the great drivers.

In fact, all of the recent title winners have relied on their car, when Rosberg wins this season he will be the same. Now, if Ricciarco were to do it.........

briggfairy

Sergeant
Button's time has come and gone during his time with Brawn when they cleverly got round the diffuser rules and left everyone in their wake. Even at the end of his title winning season he stopped winning races as the others close the gap. Great personality, but not one of the great drivers.

In fact, all of the recent title winners have relied on their car, when Rosberg wins this season he will be the same. Now, if Ricciarco were to do it.........

I really don't get the negative attitude to button's title season, he made the most of the advantage he had whilst he had it, something that all the best champions have.

F1 has always been about the car just look at williams in the 90's they changed drivers almost at will and still won the title, in fact the last title won without the best car would prob be 2007 when hamilton and alonso conspired to hand the title to kimi and even that was a close run thing

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
I really don't get the negative attitude to button's title season, he made the most of the advantage he had whilst he had it, something that all the best champions have.

F1 has always been about the car just look at williams in the 90's they changed drivers almost at will and still won the title, in fact the last title won without the best car would prob be 2007 when hamilton and alonso conspired to hand the title to kimi and even that was a close run thing

Negative? Well perhaps, but it's not untrue is it? I was overjoyed for Button when he won the title but since then he's never really shown anything, often being bested by his own team-mate. I've stated clearly in here that I believe the same to be true about Vettel; great when he had the best car but never under pressure even from his own team-mate. Webber was a great guy but not a top quality racer, put Ricciardo in the other Red Bull and a different picture of Vettel's talents emerges.

And to be honest its why I've slowly lost interest in F1, a sport I used to follow avidly. Schumacher, in his pomp not the shadow that came back for another try, was probably the last driver I felt could win titles in a car that didn't naturally adopt the top grid positions.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hamilton wins the inaugural Russian Grand Prix and although a well done is in order it's not the reason for this post...

Lewis is an easy person to dislike for many...he's said a few things in the past that annoy some, his persona and appearance (diamond double studs etc) have ruffled some traditionalist feathers as well but...

Over the past few races I think he's matured. He is saying the rights things, racing well, kept the rage to a minimum when crashed into and shown patience at the start of the season when tech issues were apparent. Plus their deportment on the podium last week was thoughtful and appropriate.

So well done Lewis...I think you're growing up.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
...diamond double studs...

I don`t understand why nobody has told him that in a crash, his balaclava and helmet will protect him from the flames, but not the heat. Those earrings will melt his lobes off, then what will Nicole have to suck on ? :pDT_Xtremez_42:

briggfairy

Sergeant
I wouldn't have thought he'd wear them under his balaclava and helmet, even without a fire it'd chuffing hurt having studs pressed into the side of your head for a couple of hours

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Bit of a quiet race, also thought the venue lacked atmosphere.

Rosberg did very well with his tyres, must of really p1ss3d of Jensen.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Over the past few races I think he's matured. He is saying the rights things, racing well, kept the rage to a minimum when crashed into and shown patience at the start of the season when tech issues were apparent. Plus their deportment on the podium last week was thoughtful and appropriate.

So well done Lewis...I think you're growing up.

Yep true. And Rosberg hasn't yet beaten him in a straight 1 v 1 on track tussle.

GD on Wheels

Sergeant
I wouldn't have thought he'd wear them under his balaclava and helmet, even without a fire it'd chuffing hurt having studs pressed into the side of your head for a couple of hours

He wears them. There are plenty of photos of him on the podium with them in.

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
I don`t understand why nobody has told him that in a crash, his balaclava and helmet will protect him from the flames, but not the heat. Those earrings will melt his lobes off, then what will Nicole have to suck on ? :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Nah, that will have been burnt to a crisp as well.

Diamond geezer, eh?

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
Not sure?

Not sure?

He wears them. There are plenty of photos of him on the podium with them in.

I think he puts them on with the watches and hats etc.
It does make me chuckle watching him trying to sort his hair out after a race. Trying to look cool with frizzy hair.
I don't think he realised Putin was there for a while...