• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thank you.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I had an uncle, who at 20 years old, was a Royal Marine Cpl & Coxswain of an assault landing craft and made several trips into Sword beach. Sadly, although he survived D Day and the sinking a few days later of his 'parent' ship, he was later KIA when taking a raiding party up a river against the Japanese. He had just turned 21.

Makes you think.....

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
What does our new 'generation' think of these sacrifices? The Winston Churchill statue in London has yet again been vandalised, on this day of all days.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Time for Boris to get tough.

Firstly by laying down the law in very simple terms.

Put troops on the streets to back up the Police.

Sack the commissioner of the MET for being incompetent.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Time for Boris to get tough.

Firstly by laying down the law in very simple terms.

Put troops on the streets to back up the Police.

Sack the commissioner of the MET for being incompetent.
I’m thinking 2 Para with baseball bats (and I’ll tell them the entire crowd called them ‘craphats’).

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
What does our new 'generation' think of these sacrifices? The Winston Churchill statue in London has yet again been vandalised, on this day of all days.

I don't think many of them understand the concept of self-sacrifice; they seem to be all about protesting to make someone else (government mainly) do 'something' without actually knowing what it is that should (or, more importantly, could) be done.
Unfortunately, governments can't change peoples mindsets, or force a minority of people to accept what most people accept - racism is wrong - and protests such as we are seeing at the moment are unlikely to help either.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Although it’s not amusing in the slightest, the police officers being attacked now were earlier ‘bending the knee’ for these people. No doubt they thought they were joining in whatever cause these morons think they’re supporting. History however shows that kneeling is something the vanquished do.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
First ever SSAFA case I did was a gent in North West London who was a Para in WW2. He got hit by a grenade and evacuate back to Blighty to recver. During our first meeting he brought out a cigar box and said 'hold out your hand'. I foolishly did (Like I should know this is similar to 'pull my finger') and he tipped metal shards and fragments into my hand. 'This was taken out of me....this was the greande on D-Day that got me'... Ewwww I thought but smiled and nodded...then he said 'Got me right in the ar$e they did'....Double eeeeeew I mentally screamed and tipped them back in the box.

Ass shrapnel....but I got him a stairlift anyway.