• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thank You Goaters ...

37isntOld

LAC
Thought I'd stick this in 'newbies' but felt it high time to say thanks to you guys and girls. I've finally made it through the application process and have my Attestation in a few weeks. However a large part of that application process involved picking the brains of total strangers on this website called e-goat? Amazingly you all responded with advice, personal messages, support, banter and ... well ... actually bothering to try and help me. So this is to say 'Thank you' I can't wait to be a proud member of the RAF Reserves and count myself as one of you people ... warts and all ;) (For the record I don't have warts ... I meant you lot!)

Seriously though ... cheers!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Well done young man. Welcome to the wonderful world of Saturdays and Sundays - the elite of the service.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Well, there are no queues in the mess and no-one is around to see old farts doing PT and trying to march, so the timing is good.

I personally love it; every weekend is like a little monastic retreat. You don't have to think, there are no distractions and you don't have to deal with silly women (mostly).

Tocsin

LAC
No queues in the mess, you can get breakfast at least twice a day (brekkers and 'lunch') and play 'spot the re-used Friday sausage' at every meal ;)

Well done 37' - and "go with them to the stars" :)

37isntOld

LAC
Cheers guys :) Monastic retreat with 2 breakfasts a day ... if ever there was motivation for knuckling down and passing phases 1 & 2, it has to be them?

Xchen

LAC
Nice one pal. Maybe write a blog to give us all an insight in to the Reserves. I know I don't know a great deal of what you guys get up to!

37isntOld

LAC
Nice one pal. Maybe write a blog to give us all an insight in to the Reserves. I know I don't know a great deal of what you guys get up to!

I found this blog by a Dave (AC Beatley) of 606 Sqn at RAF Benson[FONT=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif] who has recorded on a daily basis his 15 days at RAF Halton last year (great job of it too). For someone in my position it's a great read as it gives me a sneaky preview of what to expect and for yourself Xchen it may be interesting too? As you all say on here and I have to nick - Linky Thing :)[/FONT]

37isntOld

LAC
Oh and whilst I remember I had lunch at the 'mess' on my Attestation day and was shocked at how nice the place was ... you have us 'civilian lot' nicely fooled ... I expected a school'esque (just made that word up - apologies) canteen style 'mess' with mash spud thrown at me - instead I was handed a menu and a napkin!? Not to mention what a bargain it was. This thing get's better by the minute. On a serious note - I'm so proud to be a part of the RAF Reserves (almost) why the hell didn't I do this years ago; that's rhetorical by the way ;)