• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG9-an outbreak of twisted sock

M

Mooster27

Depends who you ask. I would say the chaps were glad to be away from the hormones, but still, not good cutting it so fine for the birth, I wouldn't know why any bloke would willingly miss the birth!

M

Mooster27

Anyways yes back to topic. Never heard of twisted sock myself but know the theory.

I can understand why some people want to get our of going OOA (not that I agree by the way) I spoke to one particular chap who in 2001 purposely failed his fitness test so he didn't have to go away (glad they got rid of that rule)

Two girls (friends of friends) purposely got pregnant to get out of going OOA (madness I think, being a parent is way more difficult than any job I've ever done) which is really bad for the genuine girls who want to do OOA and totally plays into the hands of the "remove women from the Forces when they have kids" brigade.

I twice volunteered for OOA, granted I volunteered for the Falklands the first time. Second time I just wanted to get away and asked for anywhere, but once again the Falklands. I'm due away again in about 2 years (I believe) and now they have done away with Iraq it would seem we have Afghan, Al Udeid or Falklands and believe me, I could do without a third tour there!