• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG4 4 Year Cease of Promotion

frien_dd

LAC
All ranks of Trade Group 4, are on a 4 year cease of promotion.

A trickle promotion will on happen on the board where 2-4 people will be offered promotion.

??Have you had your TG4 Desk Brief??

Studley dangerfcuk

Flight Sergeant
It all has to do with DII coming into to service. Apparently we are going to be about 300 - 400 people overmanned..

It will save on them giving us redundancy, just **** people off and they PVR.

Studley ::/: ::p:

ITgeek

LAC
am i being silly but if TG4 is 300-400 overmanned why is it on the RAF careers sight as urgently required? or is it 300-400 over at a certain rank?

frien_dd

LAC
They where saying that IM (op posts) are 70% manned
and Techs are 120% manned (some thing along them lines)

C

Comms_Lad

All ranks of Trade Group 4, are on a 4 year cease of promotion.

A trickle promotion will on happen on the board where 2-4 people will be offered promotion.

??Have you had your TG4 Desk Brief??

FFS This better be a dodgy rumour can we get any confirmation on this?

Studley dangerfcuk

Flight Sergeant
Phone the desk, I think you'll find they will say the same. I AM WORKING WITH 3 Cpl's and all are just a tad Pi55ed off to say the least.

Studley :pDT_Xtremez_34:

frien_dd

LAC
This is the info briefed to Us by TG4 sponsor and 4 PMA Sgt's.
It was held at Brize so if you know anyone at brize they will confirm this for you.

CIS Tech

Corporal
Well, if true, there'll be an exedous of the skilled and the dross will stay behind as per usual. Having been put on hold for the last 3 years because of this sh1te, I'll be buggered if I'm gonna sit here for another 4.

When will they learn.

And to be fair, we may be able to seek recompence for the mis-handling of our careers if they try to force us out on PVR terms rather than giving us the redundancy that all the other trades got not so long ago.

That said, if they are gonna offer us redundancy, they'll have to let us go before 2009 as Air Force law has been changed to reduce the package to a fixed 3 months pay.

Last edited:

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
we may be able to seek recompence for the mis-handling of our careers if they try to force us out on PVR terms rather than giving us the redundancy .

I Civil industry it`s know as " Constructive Dismissal " . But I`m only a Barrack room Lawyer so don`t quote me ... :pDT_Xtremez_06:

CIS Tech

Corporal
Come on then guys, any confirmation?

I'm meeting with the trade sponsor at 1400 so I'll ask the question then if nobody can substantiate the claims.

With the commcen closures there has been alot of personnel that have been left out in the cold. They are looking to absorb these back into trade, i'm blady sure it's not going to be 4 years, but i'm sure there will be a knock on. We have to sit tight.

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
I`m safe either way ... have a T101 Q and I know how to work the McFlurry machine ... :pDT_Xtremez_30:

frien_dd

LAC
The brief was held at RAF Brize Norton,
Many 90 SU, some blues there from the BNCC.
About 100 people there +plus.

Is there not any 90SU or Brize blues on here to confirm this.

I am sure you will confirm this when u return from trade sponsor

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
T93;180388 Do you have snow where you are? We have plenty............[/QUOTE said:
Off Topic Did this morgen but gone now.

Word is getting round this place about this topic and not all are goaters.
The general consensus, " oh really wot a funkin surprise "

You have to admit old TG11's have had it pretty good over the last 4 years, it was never going to keep up like that, i feel sorry for the lads and lasses sat on the snco board, it dosn't like they are going to be picked up.

W

Wing boy

You have to admit old TG11's have had it pretty good over the last 4 years, it was never going to keep up like that, i feel sorry for the lads and lasses sat on the snco board, it dosn't like they are going to be picked up.

Try again fella. Most Corporals were on the later assimilation courses so therefore didnt get the higher rate pay until they had done it. So, for had it good for 4 years? read had it good for a year and a half.