• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG3 v Logistics Officer

T

The Masked Geek

I'm not normally one for the whole "that made me spit my coffee / tea / dinner all over my keyboard" but - that was fukcin funny.

Jaymac

Sergeant
It's a bit of role reversal from my time in the RAF when you could go to stores, point at something on the shelf that you needed and Norman would say "You can't have it without a section ref". When you would ask him to provide the section ref they would politely tell you to go look it up:pDT_Xtremez_32:.

As an aside, when I had about a month left in the RAF, I got stiffed for guard duty at a former training base near Weston Super Mud. All the permanent staff on duty were due out the RAF within a month or two, including a storeman. He told me that during training they were told to never issue anything to a techie unless they were absolutely entitled to it and all the relevant paperwork was completed correctly. I don't know how true this was but experience made me think he wasn't bull$hitting.

snowball1

Sergeant
It's a bit of role reversal from my time in the RAF when you could go to stores, point at something on the shelf that you needed and Norman would say "You can't have it without a section ref". When you would ask him to provide the section ref they would politely tell you to go look it up:pDT_Xtremez_32:.

As an aside, when I had about a month left in the RAF, I got stiffed for guard duty at a former training base near Weston Super Mud. All the permanent staff on duty were due out the RAF within a month or two, including a storeman. He told me that during training they were told to never issue anything to a techie unless they were absolutely entitled to it and all the relevant paperwork was completed correctly. I don't know how true this was but experience made me think he wasn't bull$hitting.

What drivel!