• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG18 Command Warrant Officer

4everAD

Sergeant
Surely the whole point of Titan is to treat these Command WOs better than other WOs? They will be paid more and progress to commissioning with accelerated promotion to Sqn Ldr, slightly better deal than other WOs?

I notice the Army get round the controversy by commissioning their command WOs but make them wear WO1 rank slides, after a tour they revert to Capts with accelerated promotion to Major above that of other LE officers.

Last edited:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
To paraphrase George Orwell in 1984 is now the case that

"All WO's are equal but some are more equal than others"

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I thought the pinnacle of an airmans career would be reaching the rank of W.O. This just seems to be someone trying to make a name for themselves. What a load of rubbish.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Absolute bollocks; any WO can buy them from a particular tailoring outlet up north (and probably some others) at a ridiculous amount of money. They are not issued to 'Exec' WO's.

... snip ....

Come on, give us a clue.

Last edited:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Has he got clippy clop shoes to go with the Stable Belt and cuff links

Roobarb

SAC
Must be tab creep then, as those worn in the picture are bigger than worn by any WO I knew.

Nice Lambretta cufflinks though...

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Absolute bollocks; any WO can buy them from a particular tailoring outlet up north (and probably some others) at a ridiculous amount of money. They are not issued to 'Exec' WO's.

There is a group of Command WO's that occasionally meet the CASWO that may have a better understanding of the SLT's direction but we are not yet at the point where Exec WO appointments have been identified under project Titan although they are likely to be the B&TA's WO or PM's WO, AO FP WO etc, etc.

I get this is a rumour website but these type of rumours can be divisive especially when other WO's start believing them.

My comment was made on the fact I had only seen CWOs in the HP14 region wearing them. Anybody that knows me will confirm I tend to stray outside the camp gates on a regular basis & I hadn't seen any evidence of people wearing them on other units.

Since this has become SUCH an emotive subject, I have done extensive research and held meetings with really important people to find out the score.

The rank tabs are, as you mentioned - available for all WOs to buy at personal cost (the same as a forage cap for example). Apparently the tailor at Sleaford Tech may have some, but then again he may not. Expect an amendment to AP1358 at some point. Personally I thought the rumour that only the Exec WO stream could wear them was a good one.

PS - I didn't realise the site rules had been amended to introduce a rank ceiling for posting. If this is the case, mods feel free to delete.