• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG17 Redundancies

vinnyvx2

LAC
Been out for 3.5 years now having PVR'd following a very unsuccesful attempt to leave in the last round of redundancies. I came 160th out of 165 applicants with a cut off at 85, doh. I understand TG17 were in the mix? Is that the case and how did TG17 do? Were there any compulsories?

Regards

Vinnyvx2

T

TDJ

They were after 12 WO and 15 FS, they took the quota.

3ish applicants for WO and 7 for FS

From the general rumour mill, some shocked individuals from both ranks!

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Vinny - I'd be interested to know how you found out you were 160th out of 165 in the 2006 round. I also applied and was unsuccessful, but I wasnt aware you could find out your position.

I have also heard there are some shocked WOs & FSs around. I'm also very surprised if its true that the number of volunteers was that low.

Bring on the Sgts one - hopefully nobody else will volunteer!!!!!

vinnyvx2

LAC
Hi Mutty,
After the tranche 3 in the last round of redundancies, lists of all the TG17 applicants and their order in the reverse promotion boards circulated around Air and the wider TG17 community, hence how I knew how I'd faired. All very unofficial and contrary to DPA 98, however it happened... I hope it goes how you want it to go.

Regards

Vinny

raflad67

Corporal
I was gutted not be in the eligibility field - here is one FS that would have applied!

I so wish they would have had an open field as was suggested by the CM.

Oh well have to wait and see if there are anymore in Tranche 2 or even Tranche 3.

Wish I was in work to find out who the lucky and not so lucky ones were.

Regards to all

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I would agree with an open field for volunteering, but I wouldnt be in favour of compulsarily making someone redundant until they had at least 3 years in rank.

I would also make it a rule that volunteers who did not have the required qualifying seniority would not receive the higher rank pension.

C

CC

I've heard a few names being discussed, one or two have come as a surprise.

I'm just gutted that I wasn't eligible to volunteer, oh well, only 2 yrs to do, woo hoo :pDT_Xtremez_14:

That makes two of us Chf Clk, the next two years had better go fast as I'm looking forward to a new challenge.:pDT_Xtremez_30: