• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG17 Football

W

welsh wizard

Does anyone know if we're having one this year? If yes when and where?

Woodja

Corporal
TG 17 Football

TG 17 Football

Don't think there is one planned this year - Uxbridge ran out of clerks, and Northolt doesn't have the space. Also, both units have zero transit acommodation due to army units using Uxbridge for Public Duties and Northolt having new blocks build/old ones demolished - but thats a whole separate kettle of fish.

Hopefully another unit will step up and offer to take it over next year?

Last edited:
I think that they are looking at holding it at Halton in Aug sometime. SAC ***** **** at 90SU Leeming is running with it me thinks.

Edit: Persec - pm details if you want to mention names please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woodja

Corporal
I think that they are looking at holding it at Halton in Aug sometime. SAC ***** **** at 90SU Leeming is running with it me thinks.

Edit: Persec - pm details if you want to mention names please.

That be the same SAC who ran it a couple years ago and used to be at Uxbridge?

At least this time we won't be trying to fit 12 foot goalposts into an 8 foot van!

Woodja

Corporal
The Admin Order should now be winging it's way to Chief Clerks - if you have not seen it, a copy is on the A1 Ops Intranet site.

Basically, will be held at RAF Halton on 1 Aug 09, organiser is the same one as the last 2 years, just happens to have relocated to Leeming.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to be there as have been"stitched" to go to Cyprus for the week

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Confirmation please - it that definitely going to be held at Halton rather than Uxbridge??

mmm - Uxbridge v Aylesbury for a night out :pDT_Xtremez_09:

Woodja

Corporal
It's DEFINATELY going to be at Halton (there is no transit at Uxbridge/Northolt for the next two years at least)

The Admin Instruction on the A1 Ops intranet site gives more info.

Shinyscot

Corporal
Easy tiger - are you going to make it down from up North?? AND will you be able to resist the hospital sleeping arrangements :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Not sure yet mate, will need to cast the net a bit and see if anyone is interested. Would be nice to sleep in a real bed though this time if I make it!!

The Admin Order should now be winging it's way to Chief Clerks - if you have not seen it, a copy is on the A1 Ops Intranet site.

Basically, will be held at RAF Halton on 1 Aug 09, organiser is the same one as the last 2 years, just happens to have relocated to Leeming.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to be there as have been"stitched" to go to Cyprus for the week

I hate to be picky but its not the A1 Ops Intranet, it's the scrolling news of the A1 Intranet! Nowt do do with the lovely boys and girls in A1 Ops.