• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG 3 and their constant Whining (From a TG11 perspective)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Comms_Lad

Sound like you suffer from Tourettes whilst typing LOL:pDT_Xtremez_30:

F**K yeah and my keyboard auto compensates for it by putting this F**Kin little stars and S**t in how great is that lol

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Regarding HappyG, who the feck are TG1???

W

Wing boy

Trade Group 1 are gods chosen!!! You too could have been in the best trade group had you stuck in at school and got some real qualifications!!! Airpower is where its at!!

get lost mate... If you wish to start a fight, do it in the fight club.

Last edited:
T

The_last_of_TG3

To be honest I as a TG3 Tech don't really give a **** about this TG4 think, I go to work I do my job and I go home.

as for ex TG11 people out there, yes there is a bit of anamosity (spl) about you moving into the higher payband. At the end of the day you trade sponser did a better job for you than ours did.

Just think about TG3 we still take the **** out of the 3 sub streams (AF, AD, TC) and we where amalgimated over a decade ago (that is right we are like our kit outdated)

Plus I think we have spent that long taking the **** out of peanut and now we have been lumped together. we get upset with certain (not all) peanuts trying to do what has historically done a technical job.

I have heard storys of CIS IM's wanting to do the MSSR course for example. There is no way that you could not do that course without a lot more electronics training than you do in you assimilation course.

NFTR

SAC
I have heard storys of CIS IM's wanting to do the MSSR course for example. There is no way that you could not do that course without a lot more electronics training than you do in you assimilation course.

Big difference between wanting to and having to do the course. No way would they be allowed to do the course just because they wanted to, and no way would they have to do the course as IM's would never be employed on maintaining the MSSR, or any other NavAid come to that.

I know some Ground Radio's have OM posts (ab initio OM's have vastly more electronics training than TCO's and the danger now exists that ex-TCO's could end up in GRMS, sheer madness), but surely an assimilated TG11 IM would never (or should never) get near a GRMS. Leave that to proper nailbenders.

T

The Masked Geek

So I guess what we're saying is: ex TG11 will be doing TG11 jobs and ex TG3 will be doing TG3 jobs..............

R

referee806

So I guess what we're saying is: ex TG11 will be doing TG11 jobs and ex TG3 will be doing TG3 jobs..............

Exactly, and getting paid for it, which coincidently we alwayd did prior to pay 2000, which most TG3 seem to forget.

TCC's always were on the higher payband.

R

referee806

So what's the bloody point of TG4 then?

Good question and well presented. It serves a point for our Lord and Masters to bring us in line with the other Services and to justify keeping the trade. Also they are unable to afford to make us redundant as it would cost millions.

However in the long run with the implementation of DII etc we will be redundant eventually.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
?? Are you serious ??

?? Are you serious ??

Exactly, and getting paid for it, which coincidently we alwayd did prior to pay 2000, which most TG3 seem to forget.

We don't forget, we are like elephants....
TCC cpls and Sgts were not on the same band (there were 3 remember).
And as the pay result reported they only kept TG4 on high cos of the legacy jobs. So next time i would expect at least Cpls back down to low band, maybe on both streams.

Sorry to butt into your areas, but as they keep trying to tell me we are all the same now.

R

referee806

We don't forget, we are like elephants....
TCC cpls and Sgts were not on the same band (there were 3 remember).
And as the pay result reported they only kept TG4 on high cos of the legacy jobs. So next time i would expect at least Cpls back down to low band, maybe on both streams.

Sorry to butt into your areas, but as they keep trying to tell me we are all the same now.

That's ok feel free to comment. However, I too feel that there will be a pay reveiw and the above will happen.

Last edited:

NFTR

SAC

Not quite. Prior to the Pay 2000 debacle, TG11 were not a listed trade but TG3 were. TG3 always got more shekels due to the amount of training and the size of their brains. Pay 2000 (apparently for the sake of tri-service parity, ha!!) gave us high and low pay bands and placed TG11 in the low band, and TG3 in the high band.

Very soon after, TG11 was subject to a pay review and Sgt's only were pushed up into the high band. A ridiculous state of affairs which saw a number of newly promoted FS's supervising Sgt's who pulled a lot more money, but I digress.....

The advent of TG4 pushed all but the TG11 SAC's into the high band alongside TG3. Give it 18 months or so, another pay review, all TG4 to low band but thats just my opinion.

I'm struggling to see how IM's are expecting to do traditional TG3 jobs, surely thats why we have CIS Techs, or am I missing something..............

R

referee806

This has been the basis of my argument full stop. We will never be expected to do a tech job, and can TG3 just get this through their narrow minds and realise reality.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
This has been the basis of my argument full stop. We will never be expected to do a tech job, and can TG3 just get this through their narrow minds and realise reality.

Ref, I think most of TG3 realise this, but there are 2 sides of the fence. Most of the arguments stem from youngsters coming straight from AT and declaring to the world they are now techs. I'm sure you've met some of them?

R

referee806

Ref, I think most of TG3 realise this, but there are 2 sides of the fence. Most of the arguments stem from youngsters coming straight from AT and declaring to the world they are now techs. I'm sure you've met some of them?

oh most definitely, you have hit the nail on the head and to be honest I feel that between us, we could mould the trade into one of quality.

oh most definitely, you have hit the nail on the head and to be honest I feel that between us, we could mould the trade into one of quality.

before my latest posting i would have agreed with you that we (tg4 im) would never be expected to do a legacy tg3 job, however i have just been posting into a slot vacated by a cpl tg3.

granted its not working on legacy equipment but these are the type of jobs that tg4 was made for. Still not sure how they expect an ex tg11 cpl to have the same technical knowledge as a tg3 cpl, probably they don't but there will be people that WILL expect me to! hopefully i'm gonna get some courses

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
before my latest posting i would have agreed with you that we (tg4 im) would never be expected to do a legacy tg3 job, however i have just been posting into a slot vacated by a cpl tg3.

granted its not working on legacy equipment but these are the type of jobs that tg4 was made for. Still not sure how they expect an ex tg11 cpl to have the same technical knowledge as a tg3 cpl, probably they don't but there will be people that WILL expect me to! hopefully i'm gonna get some courses

I think you'll find that the job you're going into may have been filled by a TG3 Cpl but is not a technical job, so you'll not be expected to have the same technical knowledge as a TG3 Cpl. All the jobs that were move from TG3 to OM/IM were non technical CIS jobs that either trade could easily be trained to complete.

I think you'll find that the job you're going into may have been filled by a TG3 Cpl but is not a technical job, so you'll not be expected to have the same technical knowledge as a TG3 Cpl. All the jobs that were move from TG3 to OM/IM were non technical CIS jobs that either trade could easily be trained to complete.

I hope that your right mate...just seems that the level of technical experience needed is way above that of the majority of us ex tg11. obviously i am also new to the job which doesn't help either. would say though that i DO have a pretty good technical knowledge so its not just me being a biff!
:pDT_Xtremez_28:

G

georgeios

The way i see it, Most of the Ground radio/Radar jobs are being remoted and like commcens civvied.... IT is the way TG4 is aimed, now TG3 are going to be ****ed of i dont dought that but why take it out on us ex TG11's look to take it out on there sponscers and or our sponcers, The Whole Techie thing, well i was never a tech i was for a breif time a maintainer.. which when i here a ExTCO say im a tech i remind them they are not they are maintainers, the reason why IM's are on the high pay band is because the job we/I do in civvy street the wage is around the same i.e 1st -2nd line IT faults as well as supervising SAC's.
The problems stems from basic training i beleve as i shared a room with 3 TG3 lads who said on basicly the first day that they had been told by there instructors to dis like us that we were scum yada yada yada, even the new TG4 OM's fresh from training come with that attitude and im sorry but if this is to work we all just have to suck it up and get on with it....

ill shut up now and learn to spell.... :pDT_Xtremez_34:

freebass

LAC
The way i see it, Most of the Ground radio/Radar jobs are being remoted and like commcens civvied.... IT is the way TG4 is aimed, now TG3 are going to be ****ed of i dont dought that but why take it out on us ex TG11's look to take it out on there sponscers and or our sponcers, The Whole Techie thing, well i was never a tech i was for a breif time a maintainer.. which when i here a ExTCO say im a tech i remind them they are not they are maintainers, the reason why IM's are on the high pay band is because the job we/I do in civvy street the wage is around the same i.e 1st -2nd line IT faults as well as supervising SAC's.
The problems stems from basic training i beleve as i shared a room with 3 TG3 lads who said on basicly the first day that they had been told by there instructors to dis like us that we were scum yada yada yada, even the new TG4 OM's fresh from training come with that attitude and im sorry but if this is to work we all just have to suck it up and get on with it....

ill shut up now and learn to spell.... :pDT_Xtremez_34:

WTF! IT may be the future, but RAFET English should defo be brought back!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.