• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

testing monobrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcdoodle

following mono's brag on a different thread, apparently he reckons that he can almost dea with any music request for the soon to be launched internet radio station.
i'll start with a couple of easy ones:
the well by smog
letter to dominique by louis XIV

see how long it takes to stump him!!!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

S

scaleywife

That'll probably do it McDude..... but just in case how about:

The Rose - Bette Midler
Grandma we love you - St Winifreds School Choir
Shaddup a your face - Joe Dolci

Some of these are to see if you would actually play them more than possess them, although possessing them, even as a DJ is pretty shameful too!!

(I personally think all the songs suggested should have charted otherwise any random album track would be eligible and this would be too easy!)

Mono... you must be honest now....!! Lol

M

monobrow

Humpffffffff

Well, I would have to say no we havent, However, try ringing your local radio station and request the same, see what response you get.

We do have some weird stuff, some old stuff, some jazz stuff, some rock stuff, some classical stuff, some soul/disco/r&b stuff, some brand spanking new stuff (Thanks CD Wow) but most of all, we have "Popular" stuff. If we wanted to own every album there ever was, then we would need a lot more funding than we currently have, and if we did, how often would these get played??? Return on Investment would be almost zero.

I could always export the media player list so you can see what we have, but it'd be a ferking huge list! (and I've still got about another 3 days of ripping to go)

S

scaleywife

If you ever get a wierd request I should ask McDooody if I were you.

It may almost be worth having a thread on here as one or other of the members will probably be able to help you out!!!

P*ssss.... I was only kidding about the new thread first time round. Sorry for any inconvenience!!

N

Noodle

Sorry mono, I just suggested ernie because I heard it on the radio just before I read your post

M

monobrow

P*ssss.... I was only kidding about the new thread first time round. Sorry for any inconvenience!!
Sorry mono, I just suggested ernie because I heard it on the radio just before I read your post
No need to apologise... I'd love to have every single ever released, but it's just not possible! I've pulled strings with BFBS who donated us about 8 archive boxes full of CD's. We put £500 of our budget on CD's, and CDWow have kindly matched it for us, also in talks with a company who does lots of pre-release stuff. I sent the details to shouty (for lyneham) but if anyone else wants details, gimmie a shout. There is a couple of problems though. Our listenership is nothing compared to the likes of the local FM station, so promotion companies don't really care for trying to push their latest release through us! I've been in touch with god knows how many companies, and very few even bothered getting back to me. It's all a bit of an up hill stuggle.

Running a radio station on virtually a shoestring is tough. Especially when trying to keep in front of the drag curve when it comes to new music. As much as BEngO hates some tunes on Radio 1, he's still listening!!! (or he'd not be b*tching about the songs!) So, our aim is to provide a RAF friendly product similar to Radio 1, but combined with not just brand new songs. If you wanna phone up and request YMCA for the camp lad just posted in, or use TLA's that only your mate understands, whatever! All you need to do, is listen and interact. We've got some developments in the works for when we finally go online.

Anyone at Marham.... Tune your radio to 1278AM. Leave it there, BFBS Northern Ireland take over for some of the day, but Friday morning is by far the best. 7-9 Breakfast show, and 9-11 is hosted by our pet pebble monkey (His promo features the theme to the A-team and shouting "FORWARD ASSIST FORWARD ASSIST"). It's a station for the RAF, and I'm just trying to make it a bit better so we can keep the listeners we have.

Sorry for going off on a bit of a rant though, I've been working long and hard on this....

S

scaleywife

Bless you, we are all very proud of your sterling efforts and you should get a spec rec at least!! Lol.

Seriously, the idea that you seem have a sense of community there is one of the very few reasons I would be OK with himself getting a posting to Marham, that and all the family in Norwich (they don't come from there before you lot start)

Congrats on all the changes that seem to be happening with the esteemed Blue Bull and hope it all goes well for you.

A

auchtermuchty

Bless you, we are all very proud of your sterling efforts and you should get a spec rec at least!! Lol.

Seriously, the idea that you seem have a sense of community there is one of the very few reasons I would be OK with himself getting a posting to Marham, that and all the family in Norwich (they don't come from there before you lot start)

Congrats on all the changes that seem to be happening with the esteemed Blue Bull and hope it all goes well for you.

Give the rest of us a chance - hes only just getting promoted!!!:pDT_Xtremez_06:

M

monobrow

Give the rest of us a chance - hes only just getting promoted!!!:pDT_Xtremez_06:
Maybe, but never specced!!!

Thanks though SW! We're trying to build it into a community thing, but trying to get the community to tune in is prooving difficult!!!

M

mcdoodle

mono,
i have about 400 cds, mainly of offbeat, and unpopular stuff. if you like i could stick em all on a few dvds and send them to you for your radio station. let me know
mac

M

monobrow

Would be nice, but I'd have to say no.

As we have stumped up for the OfCom licencing fees, as well as performing rights society licence, and mechanical liscence (lets us use MP3's in place of owned CD's) We can't use anything remotely dodgy. Whilst you have the CD's, unless your at Marham, we couldn't use them!

As it goes, OfCom can do a random check, we have to "officially" provide the reciept for the CD it came from. However the original CD will suffice. So using your tracks, we could end up in a lot of hot water! (Think it was something ludicrus like £30,000 fine for a person downloading illegal MP3's, imagine what they'd give a liscenced radio station!!!!)

I did neglect to mention though, we did purchase the MP3's of Now 1 - about 60. We have the rest on CD, so we have quite the "popular" collection.

Cheers for the offer mind!

(If you are in Marham though, and quite the muso, I can get you the keys to broadcast, just gimmie a PM)

M

mcdoodle

didnt think you could, but thought maybe you had some exemption, never mind
not at marham mate, but would have loved to broadcast for an hour or so. although i once did a kids disco at shawbury and for the first half an hour, i didnt play anyone that was alive, there was kids crying everywhere:pDT_Xtremez_42:

M

monobrow

there was kids crying everywhere:pDT_Xtremez_42:
Nasty nasty man!!! I've never had the pleasure of actually "Playing out to a crowd" unless you count me streaming from home when I'm mixing......

Besides, anything from the "Now" collection is pretty much on the head for youngsters, as well as things like vengaboys, rednex, whigfield, etc, etc, all the songs you wish every copy was burned to a crisp. Usually sends em wild.

Still, in the process of making our twin cd decks portable, and building kit up so we can take care of entertaining a corner of families day, or having the lads host a concert.

Need to get a small bit of kit aswell, then I'll possibly become a music club veteran. Get the bands on air as well as in the music club.

Possibilities are endless, and by god does it hurt trying to think of everything!

Last edited:
M

mcdoodle

Besides, anything from the "Now" collection is pretty much on the head for youngsters, as well as things like vengaboys, rednex, whigfield, etc, etc, all the songs you wish every copy was burned to a crisp. Usually sends em wild.

bloody kids!! cant believe they werent enjoying 'the end' by the doors(including that odd little oedipul middle bit; kill the father, fcuk the mother)

if i can give you a hand in any way mono, give me a shout. i'm only up the road at raf lincoln****e. i dont like deet deet music though!!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

M

monobrow

if i can give you a hand in any way mono, give me a shout. i'm only up the road at raf lincoln****e. i dont like deet deet music though!!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Well, if my spidey sense is correct, quite a few stations will have a similar set-up soon enough........

Lyneham has one already (1449AM) Marham is on 1278AM and more is definately in the pipeline as some people eluded to over on this thread

Keep your ears peeled!!!

FOMz

Warrant Officer
As you convieniently forgot to answer first time..........

Have you got 'Ever so lonely' by Monsoon?

or 'I lost my heart to a star ship trooper?'

Status
Not open for further replies.