• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Techie pay to be re-introduced

tubbyj

LAC
I have heard a rumour that JPA is being modified to allow for the re-introduction of Techie Pay. Maybe at last they are starting to realise if they devalue our training and ability we will just get out. Im not saying that other people dont deserve more money just that when i joined you needed more qualifications and went through longer periods of training to earn Tech pay. Now PTI's get substantive Cpl after 12 months as do certain other tradesand higher pay band to boot. So where is the incentive for the new recruits to become technicians or stay in if you already are.

Last edited:

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Lol nice fishing trip but I'll take a nibble
Is that going to be a new Champions League Payband?
Is it going to be for all Tech trades or is it going to be the elite trade groups below the number 5 again.....bearing in mind that the once proud box swappers of TG3 have now been diluted with previously non techy's from the phone service and climbing trade groups....:pDT_Xtremez_42:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Define 'techie pay' then Tubby using the new pay2000 system.....

It doesn't exist plonker - its just lower and higher paybands.... thats it.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
I heard the payscales will be graded alphabetically. Personnel with surnames starting A-M will be on the lower payband, and N-Z will get paid the higher rate.

By simplifying the payscales this way, JPA will become more efficient.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I heard the payscales will be graded alphabetically. Personnel with surnames starting A-M will be on the lower payband, and N-Z will get paid the higher rate.

I heard that the trades who have the shiniest shoes will get higher pay band and those with creased trousers will lose the x-factor.

M

M&M

What a load of codswallop...it is going to be on a sliding scale from A to Z with those begining with the letter A getting the least, slowing JPA down...they will never introduce something that will speed JPA up!
::p:

Realist78

Master of my destiny
I have heard a rumour that JPA is being modified to allow for the re-introduction of Techie Pay. Maybe at last they are starting to realise if they devalue our training and ability we will just get out. Im not saying that other people dont deserve more money just that when i joined you needed more qualifications and went through longer periods of training to earn Tech pay. Now PTI's get substantive Cpl after 12 months as do certain other tradesand higher pay band to boot. So where is the incentive for the new recruits to become technicians or stay in if you already are.

Where from? Substantiated? This has got to be the most boring subject on the goat. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mad_collie

I heard that the trades who have the shiniest shoes will get higher pay band and those with creased trousers will lose the x-factor.

I also heard that personnel who went through Swinderby are going to get the GSM with the Lincolnshire bar.

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant

Bugger:S

****, ****, ****flaps, ****holes:pDT_Xtremez_32:

Last edited:
G

GimpyBoy

You are not actually that far off the truth! The plan is to introduce an allowance designed specifically for Techie's. WOWA or Whinging Old Womans Allowance will be paid to all TG1 & 2 pers due to their constant bitching about being hard done by. In addition they will also be given increased dental treatment from the contiuous bumping of gums.

B

Bucc Boy

What an absolutely disastrous plan that would be!!! I have only just got used to the chefs not spitting into my food, the PTI's not trying to make life hell on every training course I do, regiment instructors using their own version of the 'weight of a techies wallet' joke and............above all, I've PVR'd!!!

Just another boat in life to say I've missed.......all be it a fishing boat.

mad_collie

You are not actually that far off the truth! The plan is to introduce an allowance designed specifically for Techie's. WOWA or Whinging Old Womans Allowance will be paid to all TG1 & 2 pers due to their constant bitching about being hard done by. In addition they will also be given increased dental treatment from the contiuous bumping of gums.

I also heard that all TG4 will be given an allowance similar to the 'work of an objectional nature' allowance.

This will recompense them for having to deal with all the fecking IT biffs that plague the Air Force, and phone the up asking completely bone questions.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
I also heard that all TG4 will be given an allowance similar to the 'work of an objectional nature' allowance.

This will recompense them for having to deal with all the fecking IT biffs that plague the Air Force, and phone the up asking completely bone questions.

Ah bless! Now you understand what PD clerks have had to put up with all these years. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

Not just in the Air Force, ahhh happy (not) memories of dealing with people who've changed the desktop wallpaper and can't change it back etc etc.

M

monobrow

I have heard a rumour that JPA is being modified to allow for the re-introduction of Techie Pay.
To be honest, I think it'll never happen. The amount of money they would have to "find" would be too much for the budget.

mad_collie

I also heard that people that dont pass the RAFFT will go onto mark time pay - downgraded or not.