• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tax Free Motorbikes

hobgoblin

LAC
Morning, soon to be posted abroad and was looking at buying a new triumph sprint. Has anyone had any dealings with tax free bikes. Been looking on the the web but found nothing, just cars. any info much appriciated.

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
I`ll grab a copy of sixth sense and find the superbike center site at lunch.
Holland has slightly diff rules I think you are only allowed 1. But 1 one car aswell ... leave it with me I`ll get back to you ...

hobgoblin

LAC
I`ll grab a copy of sixth sense and find the superbike center site at lunch.
Holland has slightly diff rules I think you are only allowed 1. But 1 one car aswell ... leave it with me I`ll get back to you ...

yes, i have looked on the internet, it says one car and one leisure vehicle that being a bike or boat.

I

irishlogster

yes, i have looked on the internet, it says one car and one leisure vehicle that being a bike or boat.

Mate, i got my Gixer 750 from a place in JHQ Rheindalen. It is by the Spark bank. they were v helpful and did all the paperwork.
Ride safe out there mate. Those Merc drivers on autobaun r mad..
Don't 4get that if ya married ya mrs can get tax free too.

Last edited:

hobgoblin

LAC
Mate, i got my Gixer 750 from a place in JHQ Rheindalen. It is by the Spark bank. they were v helpful and did all the paperwork.
Ride safe out there mate. Those Merc drivers on autobaun r mad..
Don't 4get that if ya married ya mrs can get tax free too.

how much mark down is the tax free version from the uk dealer

I

irishlogster

Not got a scoby now mate. I left BFG in 2000 can't remember alot of when I was there due to being hammered on wobbly most of it .. Sorry

shettie

Flight Sergeant
Have you contacted Triumph direct? Theres no reason you couldn't buy from them direct - and "export" the bike to the continent - bit more paperwork - but cheaper in the end...

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Can confirm that in Holland you are only allowed one tax-free car per tour plus one tax-free "hobby" vehicle per tour (Caravan/Mobike etc). It is one per driving licence holder in the household - therefore if married 2 cars per tour per family, and 2 mobikes.

hobgoblin

LAC
thanks guys for all the response, will keep looking, i still got time before going over there. Still twisting the missus arm about get a new ride, but she is coming round to the tax free idea.