• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tales from the RAF

Actually I have been in all three services. The RAF was the best!

The new erk.
Theres a new erk on the dispersal and I get the job of showing him round the Avro Lincoln. The NAAFI wagon had just been so we take our wads and coffee up into the nose as its cold day and I carry on my chat. Break over and we tidy up but before I can stop him, the new lad throws his coffee dregs down what looked like a drain in the floor. It wasn't a drain, oh no, far worse. There was a bang and a thud and a ten man dinghy ejected out of its stowage in the wing root! The look alike drain was the flotation switch for the dinghy in case if a ditching over the sea. The lad ended up on a charge and received a week CC and had to pay £5 towards the cost of restowing the dinghy.

Ken

Craig855s

Sergeant
What type of mong pours coffee onto the floor of an aircraft, even if it was a grid you'd end up with brown stains and coffee smell in the aircraft.

G

grumpyoldb

What type of mong pours coffee onto the floor of an aircraft, even if it was a grid you'd end up with brown stains and coffee smell in the aircraft.

Better than brown stains and the smell of wee in the cockpit.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber

Sprog !
Real aircraft had decent facilities in those days. . . .