• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Storm Eunice inbound

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So storm Eunice is coming and the met office have issued a rare red warning of high winds, rain and general rubbish conditions. High winds in the South, heavy snow in Scotland and possible trees down country wide, Cue pictures of wheelie bins blown over, garden tramoplines moved etc. Have you done any prep, candles in case of power cuts, extra beer stocks in etc. How is Storm Eunice affecting the folks of the goat?

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Candles - check
Camping gaz stove ready - check
Rechargeable batteries fully charged - check
Wife sent out for beer and food - check.

Good to go!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I've secured my recycling shizzle...otherwise its going to become everyone else's concern over a couple of square miles.

Vushtrri

Sergeant
I had quite a few large Beech come down in our woodland after the last one and a humongous old oak which was shame but will plank up beautifully. I expect there will be more down by the time I go over next week..but on the plus side they don’t form part of the felling licence quota..

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
This morning I found quite a large branch from my Strawberry Tree (Arbutus unedo Tree)
on my driveway just in front of the car, three or four feet back and it would have landed on the bonnet.

A bit of advice, never plant one, they look lovely when they are in fruit but the fruit gives the birds the $h!ts and they make a bloody awful mess.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Its getting worse the committee have closed my local golf course until Sunday:(

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Its getting worse the committee have closed my local golf course until Sunday:(
You know it's bad when that happens and you have to talk to the Mrs instead :oops:
My club is closed today, not expecting to play in the morning either

Apart from that, we have a 7 month old puppy, experiencing snow for the 1st time....... what could go wrong

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just after 13.00 here in the midlands and not much going on weather wise today. There are fewer pedestrains and cars about. A bit windier than normal the odd passing shower of heavy rain but nothing drastic.

As Bruce Forsthy may have said "Nice to see you to see Eunice"

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Just after 13.00 here in the midlands and not much going on weather wise today. There are fewer pedestrains and cars about. A bit windier than normal the odd passing shower of heavy rain but nothing drastic.

As Bruce Forsthy may have said "Nice to see you to see Eunice"
I was watching the Needles get a 122 MPH Blast. Full on Severe Storm gusting Force 12. Lots of bits of trees and wheelie bins deposited about Dorset. Wind noise reminded of the days in 1990 at Wittering with the transit block being in a wind tunnel.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Apart from someone’s rubbish outside my door, not much round here, couple of nearby power cuts and fallen trees.

Oh and No1 son trapped in Cambridge as they’ve cancelled the busses.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
During Storm Eunice all of sudden nothing happened here at TB towers windy yes, some rain yes, but not unusual amounts of either. In my locale as Shakespeare said t'was much ado about nothing. Hope those of you who had more extreme conditions stayed safe.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Not too bad here in t'east; neighbour had their bar/gazebo blown over and lost some lightweight lights in their garden. My family had a couple of fence panels destroyed but otherwise all safe & secure.

Vushtrri

Sergeant
I was shopfitting at a place in Bromborough today..a twat of a job, and I had hideous wind, my arse really stank to the point I was almost embarrassed