• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steven Gerrard 'To Leave Liverpool'

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Steven Gerrard has confirmed that he will be leaving Liverpool at the end of the current season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30654535

TBH, it's sad but I am not surprised. He is 34 and has always said he'd love a challenge abroad before it's too late. Looks like LA Galaxy will be the destination of choice and the door will always be left open for his return in whatever capacity. Robbie Savage has described him as the 'Second Best Liverpool Player Ever', after Dalglish. In a way, I am inclined to agree with him however I also believe that the pair of them can be mentioned in the same breath. Gerrard is easily the best Liverpool player of the last 25 years. Bar none.

Goodbye Stevie G and thank you. We will always have Istanbul.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I'm glad in a way that he's decided to call it a day at Liverpool. I'd hate to see him carry on and his game starts dropping off and the fans getting on his back. Looking back he's given lots of good memories, that premiership was never to be. It gets my goat when lesser footballers than Stevie G have that premiership medal.

At times he's carried the side, now is the time to go. The scary thing is we've got no lads coming through to take over as the token scouser.

briggfairy

Sergeant
The fact that he didn't win the league will always be associated with him, he had the chance to move to chelsea where he would have no doubt picked up that elusive medal but decided to remain loyal to his hometown club.

was the loyalty worth it? only he can answer but there will always be that what if associated with him

mick-a-nick

Corporal
Gerrard the Legend

Gerrard the Legend

Gerrard has been an outstanding servant to LFC. There are those who say his decision is all about money, I do not agree, he could have followed the money trail earlier in his career but his loyalty and passion for LFC was always paramount and he stayed at his beloved LFC. Now in his career twilight years he is leaving to play elsewhere, away from where he could be brought into direct competition with LFC. I think that he will be missed but as with everything, time moves on and changes have to be made. LFC is rebuilding, younger players in the team and academy developing local talents. For those that say we have no locals in the side, Flanno is on the mend and others from the 'scouse' academy will break through.
It will be interesting over the remainder of the season and who knows, we may achieve a bit os success.
Stevie G will always be a part of Liverpool FC.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
He's retiring you say? What a shock! There's been absolutely nothing in the media about this zero PL title winning superstar.