• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Squadron Bridge Schools – a dying cult?

W

wgaf

bridge uckers and freckles all seem to be dying out from what I can tell, must be hell in the crew room listening to all the game stations beeping away.
Never fear Gem, I'm taking a team of under 12s down to the south coast next month for a rugby tour, whilst there I will teach them the subtleties of freckles.

G

gemarriott

Never fear Gem, I'm taking a team of under 12s down to the south coast next month for a rugby tour, whilst there I will teach them the subtleties of freckles.

I did that with a team of colts on end of season tour to Norwich about 10 years ago. I met one of the mums about 6 weeks after at the start of pre season training and she asked if it was true? I don't remembr seeing the slap coming but by fcuk it smarted, she bought me a beer later though so result:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
Tin basher I am ashamed of you. How can you possible allow those lies to flow from your fingertips when it is a well know fact that you wear kevlar undies to protect yourself from the splinters from the fence post stuck up your ass!

Anyway folks back to the post, I have had some scorn, where’s the support? Come on goatherdingsplitter, are you awake in that land far away to back me up!

Sorry, I'm with Tin Basher on this one!!

No fecker seems to play bridge now; first learnt to play during camp closure at Brawdy, Then again at camp closure time at Chivenor. Played a bit in the Gulf but no more.. What happened i thought fairies got taught to play during trade training?????:pDT_Xtremez_35:

Fairies and armourers!!! This will only make sense to those that can play 'Hack and Bash' or 'Crewroom Bridge' - I got taught at Boscombe Down in the early eighties. Whilst this may belong on the 'What do you do to wind people up' thread, towards the end of tea break when it made no difference I used to take great delight in 'slamming' my partner with next to no points in my hand, make a final bid in his suit and watch his face when I layed my cards on the table and he had to play them - exit crewroom rapidly with an armourer chasing wishing to inflict a great deal of physical pain on you.
Maybe we could instigate a bit of a revival. "Four for anyone?"

G

Giffer

Freckles

Freckles

Did you know you can get a pc game of Freckles! You play it on the Com-POOH-ta. BOOM BOOM:pDT_Xtremez_31:

Barrel Scraping!

Barrel Scraping!

Did you know you can get a pc game of Freckles! You play it on the Com-POOH-ta. BOOM BOOM:pDT_Xtremez_31:

Dear oh dear!!! If you have a copy of the disk could you lend it to me? Mine got run over when I was having my drive block paved by a 'Dump'-ertruck. BOOM BOOM:pDT_Xtremez_09:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Uckers, Hunt The Cnut and Nom were my faves. But then, that was the days of set t break times.

Trouble is now on a sqn we dont have time to sit down and play out a game. Always seem to be grabbing a brew on the hop so to speak.

Shame really. I miss cheating like feck at t bar games!

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
Turn coat, to think of all the times you joined in with me slagging of TB and C/T F Mercury and now you are siding with them. That's the last time I will help you when you come crying for help with the JAP!

Think I hit a raw nerve there, however, I do agree with slagging off F****ie, the master of completely random bidding, and more frustratingly some success!
Looks like three-handed bridge till I get back there!

G

Giffer

path

path

spejla.jpg

Dear oh dear!!! If you have a copy of the disk could you lend it to me? Mine got run over when I was having my drive block paved by a 'Dump'-ertruck. BOOM BOOM:pDT_Xtremez_09:

ARE YOU SURE YOU WERENT HAVING YOUR DRIVE " PEBBLE DASHED" -_ BOOM BOOM :pDT_Xtremez_30:

wobbly a.jpg

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
Think I hit a raw nerve there, however, I do agree with slagging off F****ie, the master of completely random bidding, and more frustratingly some success!
Looks like three-handed bridge till I get back there!

Freddie excelled himself the other day, opened 2 no trumps with 3 points and left poor old TB in the call and he got a right pasting, serves them right.

I like your signature piccy of the Tomb flypast, would that be of a certain S/L test pilot at a certain South Wales station in the 80's who was blind as a bat without his glasses. If so got any more?

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
Freddie excelled himself the other day, opened 2 no trumps with 3 points and left poor old TB in the call and he got a right pasting, serves them right.

I like your signature piccy of the Tomb flypast, would that be of a certain S/L test pilot at a certain South Wales station in the 80's who was blind as a bat without his glasses. If so got any more?

Off Topic You are not mistaken and all the more impressive given he was in full reheat, must admit though I found this on the goat. He must have been related to our Wessex UTP @ Benson; blind as a bat but anyone that can fly backwards at 20 kts along the runway in fog so as to maintain zero airspeed to complete a rotortune, gets my vote.

R

rictic

bridge uckers and freckles all seem to be dying out from what I can tell, must be hell in the crew room listening to all the game stations beeping away.
RAF and Uckers???????????????????
When I was at Honn?????? the Naval personell and the RAF personell in the weapons workshop had to have tea breaks at different times, on the odd occasion that an overlap occured the RAF lads couldn't understand our addiction to this wierd version of ludo.
I never realised RAF types liked our little game or is this a relatively new phenomona same as Field Gun crews???

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
RAF and Uckers???????????????????
I never realised RAF types liked our little game or is this a relatively new phenomona same as Field Gun crews???

It was rife in the Vulcan fleet in the 70's and possibly before, I'm sure some fellow V-Bomber man will confirm this.