• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Split Captaincy

Split Captaincy

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
Who will be the next England One Day Captain. Has Vaughan done the right thing in stepping down, It worked for Australia when Ponting and Waugh shared the Captaincy, but will it work for England?

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Gotta be Collingwood, Vaughan has jumped before he was pushed. They've used the getting prepared for 2011 line as the excuse. It should work okay I think.

T

Tigger

Why only one bowler in your list, and even thats an all rounder ?

Can't see it going to Freddie, ECB nailed their colours to the mast when they sacked him from the vice captaincy.

Strauss a reasonable skipper, but hes in poor form and with a batting ave of 41 in tests, he's hardly setting the world on fire.

Pieterson has been in the side ten mins, he's also one of the most feared batsman in the world at the moment, Graveny would be a fool to spoil that by adding the pressure of the captancy to him. England have only just settled on his batting position much less let him lead the side.

Collingwood, good solid performed, comes in gets the job done, gotta be fav.

Cook, been in the side less time than Pieterson.

Why isn't Hoggard on the list ? He's got a superb cricket brain, he's out thought many of the best batsmen in the world.

A

auchtermuchty

Going on recent form, my nomination for England Captain is surprise call up..........

theladf:pDT_Xtremez_30:

At least the after match interviews would be interesting!

seriously though i'm for collingwood

Last edited:

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
Why only one bowler in your list, and even thats an all rounder ?

Can't see it going to Freddie, ECB nailed their colours to the mast when they sacked him from the vice captaincy.

Strauss a reasonable skipper, but hes in poor form and with a batting ave of 41 in tests, he's hardly setting the world on fire.

Pieterson has been in the side ten mins, he's also one of the most feared batsman in the world at the moment, Graveny would be a fool to spoil that by adding the pressure of the captancy to him. England have only just settled on his batting position much less let him lead the side.

Collingwood, good solid performed, comes in gets the job done, gotta be fav.

Cook, been in the side less time than Pieterson.

Why isn't Hoggard on the list ? He's got a superb cricket brain, he's out thought many of the best batsmen in the world.

I included the players I believed to be the most likely to get the job (my opinion only), to be fair I included Pietersen as a topic for conversation rather than a realistic choice. I also included the option of 'other' to allow for anyone to express their opinions if they differ from mine.

T

Tigger

I'm a long standing member of the bowlers union ! Batsmen were there to be hurt or got out, I was never fussed which. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

W

wgaf

I'd go for Collingwood on this, he's got a very sharp cricketing brain and he's in good form.

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
Vaughan did the right thing (if it was his decision) to prolong his test career and lets face it, until Cook matures a bit, they're not exactly blessed with top flight candidates for that job! Collingwood stands out as the top choice for ODI captain IMHO but hope it doesn't affect his form.

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
well strauss is out of form but he has catpained well before. Colly is a ferkin leg-end in the field and with the bat. he is undroppable at the min and should not be captain as like all other good english player this has affected them and they dropped their form. strauss cant get any worse, might make him better.

F

fergo

has to be Collingwood. He has ast experience and has what you would look for in skipper.
I cant see the split captaincy being too big a problem. Vaughan never really cut it with the bat in ODI's. And i think it will prolong his test carreer. Hoggard is not in with a shout at all for ODI captian at all IMHO.
Cook is for sure a future England skipper

P

Pan Warrior

Collingwood

Collingwood

for the captincy the two main names being thown about are Collingwood and Pietersen. to me the logical choise is Collingwood becuse we know he can get runs and can deal with pressure (the world cup) where as Pietersen is a free flowing batsman so burdening him with the captincy would not alow him to play his natural game.:pDT_Xtremez_35:

Northern Monkey

Corporal
Give Cook a go. His batting has been second to none this series and look how young he is. Amature head on young shoulders. Get him in early and let him make a mark.

:pDT_Xtremez_19:

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
Pob & Tigger, Hoggard is not likely to even be in the squad, when I was out in Oz he was on the same flight back as Harmison who also doesn't play one-dayers.

As for Auchtermuchty I would be the first non-playing & heavy drinking during play captain, (should I be selected) and I would give Atherton:pDT_Xtremez_09: (total disgrace, should have been sacked over the dirt in pocket issue) and Hussain:pDT_Xtremez_09: (I was never as good as I think I was but dont let that stop me coating off my old team-mates) the benefit of my extensive knowledge and some!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_19:

A

auchtermuchty

Knew I could count on you, me old mucker!

wonder if we should start one of those epetition thingy-me-bobs!

P

Pan Warrior

Collingwood named one-day captain

Collingwood named one-day captain

Paul Collingwood has been named captain of a new-look England one-day squad for the series against the West Indies.
The Durham all-rounder succeeds Michael Vaughan, who quit the role on Monday, with the Yorkshire batsman and Andrew Strauss left out of the 14-man squad.

Uncapped pair Dimitri Mascarenhas of Hampshire and Warwickshire's Jonathan Trott are the surprise selections.

Alastair Cook, Ryan Sidebottom and Michael Yardy are also included among seven changes from the World Cup squad.

The likes of Andrew Flintoff, Sajid Mahmood, Marcus Trescothick and Ravi Bopara were all unavailable for selection and so miss out.

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Sensible choice all round. Don't know much about Mascaroniheas (spelling!!) or Trott, are they up to the job?

F

fergo

They have both been nams that crop up with good performances consistently in the one day game.
Moore i think is trying to pick the guys playing well on the county circuit ie sidebottom
England have so much potential as a one day side. guess the work is starting for the next world cup
Struass is better off getting some county cricket and some runs and being full of confidence for the series with india

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.