• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spacey's

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
How on earth can those muppets on Channel 4's Space cadets ever believe they're going to space?
What's more worrying is that if you go to the website at channel 4 there's more RAF Careers adverts than you can shake a stick at. :rolleyes:

fatbaldchief

Corporal
Because they are ..............

A. Idiots
B. Desperate
C. Desperate Idiots
D. ****ing irritating

As for the Sqn Ldr instructor......... don't get me started............ **** :eek:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Raf Tash

Raf Tash

fatbaldchief said:
As for the Sqn Ldr instructor......... don't get me started............ **** :eek:

I have an infinite amount of admiration for that actor playing the S/L.
He must have ferrite Knackers to be seen wearing what can only be described as the best RAF Tash I've seen in ages. :D

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Space cadets

Space cadets

As a self confessed "grumpy old man" I have to admit to not watching the subject programme, Why? I hear you ask (well OK not all of you, just the Scopies and the Air traffickers 'cos they are the only ones, other than me, that have time to sit and read all this!) Well, I answer you, 'cos I hate "reality TV". It grips my 5hit that channels won't make decent drama's or comedy's nowadays because "reality" is cheaper and easier. Big Brother, I'm a celeb, Wife Swap etc, get more media coverage than natural disasters nowadays. The only one's I confess to watching are "Shipmates" and "The Queens Cavalry" because the guys and girls on there make no pretence about what they are, unlike the to55ers on channel's 4 and 5!

B

Bluntend

If its natural disasters you want surely Wife Swap is just what you need... :D

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
What bugs me is, all these new shows (Lost etc.etc.) are shown two or three times per week. This is all OK on ITV and C4 as its paid for through advertising. But for the Beeb to do it with the new Rome series (first showing on a Wednesday on BBC2 and then again on Sunday on BBC1). There's probably a reason for it I know, but it does bug me that my licence fee is being spent so I can watch the same episode of a programme twice a week. These new programmes like Rome and Life in the undergrowth are great and I'm more than happy to have my licence fee used to pay for them and have the programme repeated at a later date but please not in the same week.

Right bitch over, So how do we want the RAF on telly, in a soap type setting (soldier soldier) or as a documentary (shipmates). I personally would go for the later, lets face the first would just meet with derision from the rest of us.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Golden Opportunity

Golden Opportunity

Plumber you're a star...
What an opening for a good rant and answer your question at the same time.
Documentary Would be all two wing master race.
Soap would be all two wing master race...mmmm trend here, it might be quite sensible to send our officers to do the war stuff but that also makes them the prime telly stuff as well so boredom might set in a bit
reality...... "Faking it."
You could take someone from each trade and place them in someone elses trade for a month and then see if they could fool a panel of judges.
Lets start with
Rigger in a Sooty Job.. Easy
Armourer in a leckie job...Very Plausible
Fairy doing the Squips job...of course
TG1/2 into MT driver......Done it
TG1/2 into basic Ground Defence troops...Done it
TG1/2 into mover (UMO's)....Done it
TG1/2 into Admin jobs.... Done it.
TG1/2 into virtually any other trade we win hands down.
Lets see the others do ours...Ouch:p

B

Bluntend

Now if you really like a challenge, how about:

Sooty into a Rigger... Easy?
Leckie into an Armourer...?
Squippers doing a Fairy's job...?
MT driver into TG1/2 ......?
Basic Ground Defence troops into TG1/2 ...?
Mover into TG1/2 ....?
Adminers into TG1/2 .... lets not go there.

"You could take someone from each trade and place them in someone elses trade for a month and then see if they could fool a panel of judges." Isn't this the whole principle of multi-skilling?:D