• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Space X Launch

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Bloody awesome! Did you all see the launch? Kudos to Mr Musk for this one and seeing the booster rockets returning back to Earth under control was pretty amazing.

Drinks all round!

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
The commanders words before the launch "Light the Candle!", straight out of the words said by Al Shepard before the launch of the first US man in a can. Only 3 other maiden manned space craft flights by the US inbetween. Awesome to see a Falcon 9 as a manned booster.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Love the glass cockpits, not so sure about the space suits.

Noticed that Oakhanger Ground Station was on the tracking maps, not heard of that place since my 12 SU days.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Watched the launch and then around 10.15 watched it cross the sky as a bright white fast moving object. Impressive stuff

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Your probably right about the ISS with my eyesight spotting something as small as the Dragon capsule would be more luck than judgement.

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
I would be worried about the return flight and landing safely. Besides I am sure SPECTRE had their spacecraft out ready to grab them if they went astray. :ROFLMAO: :unsure: Still waiting for SPECTRE agency with their new rocket in the guise of Richard Branson cover story. We know who you work Beardy;)