• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Some guys are stupid!

J

JoJo82

When I got with my OH, little did I know he was in a relationship already. A long distant one with another English lass, my fella is a civvy BTW. Once I moved in with him, we had a talk, that kind of one about 'now we live together, a few things need to be laid down'. He told me about her but it wasn't anything serious, he said she is recovering from surgery at the moment and didn't want to break her heart, the op was that of a small one, to remove a mole but she lied and said it was bigger, she came clean with him when he told her it was over.

Anyway, by this time I had moved in with him, I could have left but had no where to go, we discussed things and I told him to stop making excuses, if he want me, he'd finish with her, either way she'd be heart broken, he made his bed, he needed to lay in it.

Given that the 5 months distance relations, her in the UK and him in Cyprus, they'd only actually spent 2 weeks together, it wasn't serious but still, I didn't like the moral factor!

Recently, I found out he has a close female friend in another town, I used his mobile to text a friend as I ran out of credit and the last text he had sent was still sitting in his 'create message box'.

It had her name attached to it and I only saw the last 2 lines, which said;

'I've been thinking for my future, thinking of you and missing you xx'

I approached him and he explained who she was, I also asked his flat mate, who won't lie and confirmed this, also said that his past GF's have had a problem with her also. I sat down and talked to my OH and stated that if past GFs have had this issue, then it is something he is doing and needs to rethink his communication stance with her, not cut her off but the way he talks/acts via the phone.

So last Friday, I used his phone again, I need a mobile number that he had sent via text, this was in his sent msgs bit. I saw the start of one of his text's to this lass and was intrigued by it, thought it wouldn't hurt to take a sneak peak.

I was supposed to be baby sitting for a friend on Friday, he texted her and asked if they could meet up, he'd be going to limmasol to meet her and that he misses her 'sweet face' and 'misses her more than she can ever imagine'.

So last night I confronted him AGAIN about this lass, I know he ain't cheating but just reading those (I know I shouldn't have read then but hell, he ain't getting away with it). He says that she had been feeling down and only said those things to make her feel better, don't you just hate male excuses! I also confronted him to say that if I did end up baby sitting he would have lied about going to see her, turned out my friend cancelled and we ended up going out that night instead.

He says they are just good friends and nothing will ever happen, I live with the guy day and night, so I'd know if he was cheating, considering he'd have to drive 68 odd miles to meet her, I'd know if he did.

So Sunday afternoon I took his phone and called her in front of him, she was gobbed smack to say the least,agreed that his texts were too friendly but also said that he never really considers his actions at times. Plus that they have only ever been friends.

I'm meeting her next weekend for a coffee and a chat, things have calmed down but confronting him, saying he needed to think of his actions and that there are 2 people to consider rather than him is a big must. I do love him but I am not ready to marry him until he gets his act together.

M

monobrow

Sounds a bit like he's still holding a torch for her regardless of his current situation.

Reading his texts probably didn't feel right, but if you hadn't have confronted him about it who knows where it could have ended up.... that smidge of un-knowing becomes like a thorn in your side and can't trust anything.

You done right, he just needs a good shoeing.

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
If you seriously believe that they are just friends then you need to have a good think about whether it's only the guys that are stupid.

I would have booted a partner out after the long distance relationship came to light.

P

Pan Warrior

Good lad

Good lad

Good lad cant fault it, only stooopid thing he's done is get caught. you women are all fnuking mental anyway.....:pDT_Xtremez_30:

J

JoJo82

I preferred to wait until I was fully sure before jumping on him. As for the other relationship, I was caught in a trap of no where to go, I did relocate tot he spare room of the house and did occasionally give him a b0ll0xing or 2 at times.

The only issue is our cultures, he is West African (Liberia), obv I'm English, so we have clashed a few times with things. I have had to sit him down, with me and on times with some English friends to explain a few things to him. I do remind him that he has done wrong and that, even thought things are straight now, I'd still need time to grow to trust him 100%, we all know it's not an easy thing at times.

I'm not saying that I am condoning his actions though.

wolfy

Warrant Officer
I preferred to wait until I was fully sure before jumping on him. As for the other relationship, I was caught in a trap of no where to go, I did relocate tot he spare room of the house and did occasionally give him a b0ll0xing or 2 at times.

The only issue is our cultures, he is West African (Liberia), obv I'm English, so we have clashed a few times with things. I have had to sit him down, with me and on times with some English friends to explain a few things to him. I do remind him that he has done wrong and that, even thought things are straight now, I'd still need time to grow to trust him 100%, we all know it's not an easy thing at times.

I'm not saying that I am condoning his actions though.

I'm just surprised that he might think he could get away with it, if he has been living here for sometime I would have thought he should have been more aware of what is acceptable.

J

JoJo82

Cyprus is more leaning towards and Arab world state of mind when it comes to relationships.

wolfy

Warrant Officer
Cyprus is more leaning towards and Arab world state of mind when it comes to relationships.

When I was there it wasn't mind that was a while back, you either chatted up holiday makers or WRAFs/WRAC's or WRENs the local were almost out of bounds as relationships with them was full culture problems.

pan-trash

LAC
Men being over-familiar with other men, and a fondness for the 'wrong un'?

LOL! holding hands in public and the whole "women for procreation, boys for pleasure" thing?

Also, lass this relationship sounds like too much hard work. Get rid, minimum effort, maximum pleasure.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Just to throw another perspective into the mix: I have loads of female friends, and I frequently text/e-mail them. To an outside observer the messages we exchange are often very familiar.

Once, my missus confronted me about a text I had sent to one of these girls. I threw it right back at her. What right did she have to read through my sent messages? It was a terrible invasion of privacy, and showed a complete lack of trust.

Before you judge me you should know that in the 12-odd years since my wife and I got together I have NEVER been unfaithful. Perhaps as well as assimilating your OH into British culture you should try to learn about Liberian culture.

B

BufferBird

If you dont trust him now, mate, you never will. Not an ideal situation to build a relationship on.:pDT_Xtremez_26:

S

scaleywife

I actually can't believe the name of this thread.... Some women are imbeciles!!!

Muppet

FootTapper

Sergeant
Wow - if you found all that on the phone that he let's you know about....

Just imagine what messages he's got on the Bat-Phone ;)