• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Snow...

O

oldhamboy1967

how many minutes of airtime is the 'weather' going to get on TV news tonight?

God help us when the weather gets really bad, they'll be running 30min specials about it.

K

Karear-Kawprul

Snow...???

Snow...???

Absolutely.

Anyone would think it was winter..or the end of November...or somethink like that. Clearly the TV Newsroom hacks are bored with telling us about what might pass for real news and so have resorted to their tried and tested policy of statin'-the-bleedin'-obvious. So that's all right then.

B

Bluntend

I guess since the Bird-Flu 'pandemic' didn't come to much, cold weather is now the 'big killer' threatening the UK...

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Bring it on :D . Only question is, How many times can I get away with "I can't get in today, I'm snowed in"? Then kick back and relax in front of the tele watching Richard and Judy and the all time fav Trisha :D :eek:

Stax

Flight Sergeant
We've already got people asking about how deep it has to be before you are released early and if we get knocked off if the temp drops! What a bunch of ferkin pantywaisters! Get some balls and ride any bad weather out you gimps!

O

oldhamboy1967

Pull Up a Sandbag...

Pull Up a Sandbag...

I can remember getting snowed in whilst in Cyprus. We got permission to open up the compo as the chef couldn't get up to us, all the budding Delia Smiths piled in to the kitchen and we piled through about 6 years of 'war rations' in about an hour. As I was in the ops room while the Spangles were getting guzzled I got picked to cook on our next shift.

Being slow off the mark my mate picked sausage and beans for one menu option, and I was left to go for Beef Stew. Needless to say the bangers and beans went down extremely well and my stew unfortunately was only eaten by me (heroic?) and our unlucky shift copper who hadn't been able to get up from the picquet post in time... :eek:

Thankfully I'm now more proficient in the kitchen, but I can still remember all the day workers standing down to head in to Limassol and us shifties weighing up the merits of compo sausages and baby's heads. :mad:

Last edited:
I

Inch High PI

Don't know about anyone else, but last time there was a wee drop of snow down here the whole feckin place ground to a standstill.

It doesn't help when you get monkeys on the road that have never driven in snow before and think they can just carry on as normal, wacky racers stylee.

I pished myself laughing when a guy in a big 4 X 4 type thing tried to over-take me on a hill near dunstable. I was doing about 30mph up the hill as it hadn't been ploughed or gritted, and was reasonably slippy. He came hairing up at about 50 tried to over-take and lost the back end and landed up in a ditch. He was ok though, which was a shame as I was dying to put my CCS first aid into practice. :D

Stax

Flight Sergeant
I remember getting snowed in at the small V bomber unit on the A15 back in the winter of '78. I was on the OCU at that time and it was so cold they issued rum ration. As we were a Sqn of @160 we gotta lotta bottles. However there were only about 50 of us turned into work as a lot of guys lived in Lincoln or Sobraon Barracks. So it was sweep snow for 10 mins, Snowball fight for 20 mins, bury the Flem for 20 mins then get trousered on rum laced coffee and tea. It was also funny watching the JENGO fall off the wing of a Vulcan trying to sweep the snow off it, how we laughed as he dislocated his shoulder!

H

HWRobinson

Haven't we been warned all week by the media regarding the poor weather conditions?
Tell this to the 4 muppets who had to be rescued from the Cairngorms yesterday! This only cost - 1 x RAF helicopter (had to RTB as wx was so bad) & 4 mountain rescue teams.
Cheesers like these should be forced to pay costs for the rescue, however being completely stupid & choosing to ignore Michael Fish is totally free. :mad:

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

oldhamboy1967 said:
how many minutes of airtime is the 'weather' going to get on TV news tonight?

God help us when the weather gets really bad, they'll be running 30min specials about it.

About 3 seconds I should wander. Seems some bloke who used to kick an inflated piece of leather around a field has died after drinking himeslf to death. So I guess he will steal the limelight.

Goto go as it is snowing outside.