• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SJAR - The Future Of Reporting????

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Not my idea, it came from the adj, who does have a point - at least in our case. The fact is that the vast majority of appraisals on my sqn are written by TG1/2 on TG1/2. If we didn't remind them regularly then appraisals would get stuck in the back of a drawer and forgotten about; making them electronic may make them easier to forget about. It's not the guys' fault, the nature of our job means that we are constantly reacting to "urgent operational requirements".

Also, and I know I'm going to upset people saying this, but there are very few people outside the shiney world who are any good at appraisal writing (trust me I have read 1000s of the bu99ers over the years). One of the lads came back from Det a couple of weeks ago proudly carrying about 20 completed appraisals. The next guy to go out took every single one of them back; they all had one RO FUBAR or another.

So while I agree we are making work for ourselves, and certainly more so than is necessary, the product should be timely, well-written appraisals. Anyway, that's why I posted on this thread, I wanted to get an outside perspective before I go back to my adj and say we are over-engineering the problem.

How nice to be one of the few then. Bit of a broadbrush statement though. However, I agree that some people are appalling at writing appraisals but bleat like fcuk when their own is written in the same style. With the SAC/JT 6000s this year I sent out my own guide with tips like "If you're in any doubt as to the standard required, look at your most recent one etc". I have to say that the standard this year has seen a marked improvement. :pDT_Xtremez_26:

Gillo

Banned
Bloke who gave brief was a used cae salesman who sold us all down the river so army could report on fitness. He even thought 6442 was a better system, so its back to A Stars and sitting in cold baths of baked beans if you want promotion. He even threatened that pay adavancement no longer automatic unless you lick:pDT_Xtremez_14: bosses arse in future

SgtScribbly

Corporal
He even threatened that pay adavancement no longer automatic unless you lick:pDT_Xtremez_14: bosses arse in future

derrrrrrrrrrrrr, as its not now Gillo. You are on performance related pay, therefore if you dont perform to an acceptable standard (ie you get at least a 2 on your annual report) you will not get your annual increment.

the general lack of knowledge about things like this within the RAF astounds me you know.

M

monobrow

Not to mention the upper echelons of the smally ranks not getting increments unless a rec or higher is given???

(??? denotes never happened to me, but heard people kick off at their 1st RO for it)