• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Signed over to the new pension scheme?

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Has anybody signed onto the new pension scheme? Also has anybody sought advice from an IFA about it?

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
I stuck with the old one, as for the new one to benefit me I would have needed to live until age 134 :)

J

JNo

Stuck with the old one too, waht are the chances of HM Gov offering us more money for anything (redundance aside....)??

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
With 3 years to go till endex I'd be a fool to change to the new one.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Not heard of anyone who's signed onto the new one! It seems to only be of benefit to anyone over 50 who pvr's so they get 2 lump sums! :confused:

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Didn't take the brains of a rocket scientist to work out the best thing to do would be to stick with the old one.

F

FOMP

I'm staying with AFPS 75 too, with Tony and his cronies about to mess about with state pensions who really thinks they will get the second payment when they say? You might have to wait until you're 67 or later! Any body who trusts a word this government says is a brave man or a fool, as it seems the civil service unions (who thought they had a cast iron deal) are about to find out, me thinks.

G

goatblower

Yep, old one for me too...do they think we are all fookwits!!!!! ;)

T

Twonston Pickle

I actually opted for the new one; sought some advice and it turns out that I will be better off on the new scheme to the tune of approx £100K, no bull. However, the Mrs is staying on the old scheme and I don't blame her. There are only a few who will benefit under the new scheme; that's those in till 55 mainly. The rest, if they choose the new scheme would be worse off.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Yep, I'm with Twonston, changed over, only problem being is I have to stay till 55, if I cut and run I wil lose out. I will really have to be pi55ed off (or on) to go before 55, even with al the OOA's etc, lets face it, it's the reason I joined, as opposed to some of the pimply youth.

J

Jongleur

From what I know it depends on your individual circumstances but dont forget there is no new money for this one so the money to benefit one individual must come from another. I reckon they are banking on you dieing shortly after retirement so that they do not have to pay you the second lump sum. Personnaly I am staying on the old.

Line35

LAC
New One For Me

New One For Me

But then I'm a KOS. Only you can decide what is best for you. The new pension system is only really better if you can guarantee serving to age 55. If you serve less, so do the benefits.

T

The Controller

Absolutely....agree with 'the oldies'! Can't believe that such an old hand has been dealt a decent set of cards at last! Retirement looks much healthier now....

Hurrah for the new scheme! ('Til Uncle Gordon (Brown) gets his hands on it)!!!!

E

Enguineer

18 years into a 30 year contract, I really can't see me staying that long, so old scheme it is.
Brown's lot (or their successors) will be doing some serious means testing on us all by the time I retire, nicking most of your 2nd lump sum (or offsetting it against any state pension that might be left).
My choice was purely based on the fact that my mortgage is going to get paid by a higher monthly payment if (When) I leave early.

7 years to do, I'm sticking with the old, no way I'm staying to 55, besides Bliar will never do anything to benefit anyone but himself or his Lord and Master Bush.

ED-SET

LAC
Soon be D-day and still undecided! Will I live till I'm 65? Will I leave before I'm 55? AAAARRRGGHHHHHHH.

P

puter killer

staying put

staying put

I'm sticking with the old one, Couldn't live long enough to benefit on the new. 30 seconds of sub O'level/GCSE mathematics has shown me the way forward.

I did enjoy the booklet, we played Bullsh1t Bingo all day it was a hoot.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Good work people.
You've worked for your pensions, don't let the munters who have just enhanced their pensions, stuff you with a sh1te one.