• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoe painting

robetere

LAC
What is the name of the paint that you guys paint shoes with?

Do you have to prepare the shoe before applying it, Do you need to apply more than one coat.

The reason I ask is because the painters and finishers on my camp are being made redundant and have more pressing issues to deal with.

Thankyou for your time.

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd

Do you have to prepare the shoe before applying it, Do you need to apply more than one coat.

The reason I ask is because the painters and finishers on my camp are being made redundant and have more pressing issues to deal with.

Thankyou for your time.

We used to use Flexane, but it used to get a bluish tinge if I remember correctly. Whoops, I mean - no idea mate, never done it!!

G

georgeios

Leather luster....:pDT_Xtremez_06:

best getting brand new shoes as polish, and silicon sponges can bubble it, luster is hard to get your hands on and id say apply with a new brush and about 3 - 4 thin coats its good stuff!!

Y

Yossarian

And the first person to chip in with "Tornado nose cone paint" gets a clip round the ear 'ole!

stacker1195

Sergeant

Thankyou for your time.

It's called polish you lazy barstewrd :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Funny, last time I saw a mud mover it was painted in the same colours as the F3.

I always thought that the F3's had a lighter shade of grey, to aid with camouflage (at higher altitude).....hence the mud movers a darker grey for "down in the mud" ??

I'm sure a spotter will be along soon...................

Crack on..................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Last edited:

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Kiwi Parade Gloss. Paint your shoes in it, let it dry and bull hell out of the feckers . Real paint???? Hu said it all, lazy tw*t...

Last edited:

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Stick a really thick layer of polish on your shoes, LET IT DRY, then bull with cotton wool soaked in water. Works every time, and quickly. Not as quick as Tornado Nose Cone paint .......

L

littlegoldfishie

Desothane, gloss black. Sprayed not brushed. Just mask up rims of shoes rub off dust and give 3 coats

W

Wonky Tonka

If you did it now, your shoes would be grey!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Funny old thing, a "chap" I used to work for sent me to the paintshops to get his shoes painted. The gent in question was reknowned for being pedantic, so I thought I'd play him at his own game. Feigning naivety, I asked him what he wanted them painted with. (Tonka nose cone paint was the reply)

(Bear in mind that we were in the middle of the mod programme for the GR.4's)

Imagine the shock when he went to get his lovely shiney shoes and found that they had turned a funny shade of grey :pDT_Xtremez_17:

I took a few weeks leave after that little episode :pDT_Xtremez_30:

box-of-frogs

Corporal
I always thought that the F3's had a lighter shade of grey, to aid with camouflage (at higher altitude).....hence the mud movers a darker grey for "down in the mud" ??

I'm sure a spotter will be along soon...................

Crack on..................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Isn't mud brown?????

I'll get me coat........