• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shared parental Leave

norfolkred1

Sergeant
My Daughter is due a baby in a few weeks and my Son-In-Law had his shared parental approved some months ago. His Boss has now refused the leave as my Daughter is classed as a Student and not employed as such. She is however taking time out as Student Nurse and is receiving a Bursary. So if she is receiving a Bursary surely she must be employed by someone. Can any of the Goater Admin chaps clarify the rules and regs on this.

Thanks in advance.

G

Gord

My Daughter is due a baby in a few weeks and my Son-In-Law had his shared parental approved some months ago. His Boss has now refused the leave as my Daughter is classed as a Student and not employed as such. She is however taking time out as Student Nurse and is receiving a Bursary. So if she is receiving a Bursary surely she must be employed by someone. Can any of the Goater Admin chaps clarify the rules and regs on this.

Thanks in advance.
I know it's a common occurrence now that parents take parental leave but in my day, if you were gonna have kids you just got on with it and generally speaking if the wife worked, she carried on until she could do so no longer and hubby might, if his boss was a decent chap, get a day off to attend the hospital on the day the kid was born though we tried to have our kids during off duty hours:biggrin: so I can't help you.

norfolkred1

Sergeant
I know it's a common occurrence now that parents take parental leave but in my day, if you were gonna have kids you just got on with it and generally speaking if the wife worked, she carried on until she could do so no longer and hubby might, if his boss was a decent chap, get a day off to attend the hospital on the day the kid was born though we tried to have our kids during off duty hours:biggrin: so I can't help you.

Same in my day but this seems to be a new thing in the PC World we live in.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please have a read of:

http://www.acas.org.uk/sharedparentalleave

Depending on the details!

Rgds

HC

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
There's always some exemptions, however, the entitlement comes from mother, if she would have entitled to maternity leave then she can choose to take Shared Parental Leave, if not then she has no entitlement to share.

On the face of it, as a student on a bursary, she's not entitled to maternity leave so no entitlement to share.

Its a new thing this Shared Leave so it might be worth the lad approaching his employer to see if they can do something.

To be honest, with my HR head on, the spirit of the scheme is being followed by the employer so I can't see much to moan about.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

norfolkred1

Sergeant
Thanks for all the replies, the reason I have asked on here and aimed at our resident Admin people is that the Son-In-Law is still serving, sorry if that was not evident in my question. Will the outcome still be the same or will the Operational Requirements rear its ugly head as it sometimes does.

Thank you Obi, Mrs N. sends you her best