• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sgt Steve Harvey, Eng Tech W

FootTapper

Sergeant
It's with sadness I must pass on the news that Steve has passed away.

Steve endured a long battle with illness, those who knew him would remember he was far too bloody minded to listen to the doc who gave him a few months - and he decided to stick around for a couple of years longer than anyone thought he had.

I met Steve when I was posted to Brize, he was running the Armoury until he left - a big cornish lad, in size and personality, he tended to say what he liked and liked what he said.

Always used to look forward to him going back down south for a weekend - as there was a good chance he'd bring some real pasties back to treat us.

Steve left the RAF a few years ago, but inbetween trips to the states he still stayed pretty local to Brize for much of the time.

The Brize Armourers' thoughts are with his son Dan and his family.

The Funeral is expected to be on the 8th Jan - I will post up more details as and when available.

RIP Big lad.

G

gemarriott

Steve was a JT on23 at Wattisham with me. I'll always remember him taking the p1ss on the first job I had to oversign as a Cpl. That's 2 of the 3rd dead hedgehog on the left club gone now.

A pity to lose another good lad so young.

RIP mate

the_crab

SAC
I remember Steve well, he was my next door neighbor at Shotley Gate and at work (VASS 1980). Bumped into him again at Bruggen in the 90's. Yet another gone too soon.

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

RIP Big Man you'll be sorely missed.

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
RIP Stevo,Knew him at Bruggen also.
Too many top plumbs have gone off to St Barbara recently.
Froffy also went in Dec.