• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sgt Geoffery Reynolds RIP

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It is with immense sadness that I have today received news that my old mate Sgt Geoffery Reynolds has passed away. Geoffery bobbles bonbon once of Cranwell, 14 Sqn tonka’s and Cosford to name a few places in both a blue suit and as a civvy he was a top chap. Slightly plump, funny with his one liner’s, damn good ten bowler, lousy cyclist, genfly expert, gadget king, terrible snooker player, fancy dress aficionado, occasional poster in the goats early years as Batty Boris. Geoff struggled with dementia in his later years.

Geoff my old mate you will be missed and I will be raising a glass for you this evening.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
So very sorry to read of this. He kept me on the rails more than once during my time at Cosford. A wise sage, always a good ear, wit and a true gent. Focused on giving the best to the students; thanks for the privilege of knowing you Geoff.
Per Ardua

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Sad news indeed.

RIP old friend, our days at Leeming are days that will stay with me forever.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Geoff (on right) with another Jetstream legend Dave 'Minty' Richmond in about 77/78 time.
minty-geoff.jpg

Reactions: 6A1

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The tributes here show testament to the man. Someone I never knew, yet I'm understanding the loss. RiP chap!

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Devastated to have heard this sad news tonight... Geoff sat at the desk opposite me in my teaching years at Tossford.

He was a lovely bloke, very intelligent, and knew a thing or two about the finer points of teaching... in particular the Gently system.

His witty one liners were very dry and often missed by others... but he had even me laughing occasionally.

To demonstrate his wit, I will pass on one of his favourite stories from Germany that he told me...

Whilst on OpEval he was in a picket post trying to keep warm and awake. A member of the DI Staff approached him and said "A Russian Tank has just appeared through the trees over there... what will you do?" Quick as a flash he replied that he'd engage it with his anti-tank rocket launcher.

The DI Staff, puzzled asked where he'd get this rocket launcher from?

He replied "Same place as you got that funking tank from!" 😄

RIP Geoff you're sadly missed.

Keyser Söze

Corporal
Devastated to have heard this sad news tonight... Geoff sat at the desk opposite me in my teaching years at Tossford.

He was a lovely bloke, very intelligent, and knew a thing or two about the finer points of teaching... in particular the Gently system.

His witty one liners were very dry and often missed by others... but he had even me laughing occasionally.

To demonstrate his wit, I will pass on one of his favourite stories from Germany that he told me...

Whilst on OpEval he was in a picket post trying to keep warm and awake. A member of the DI Staff approached him and said "A Russian Tank has just appeared through the trees over there... what will you do?" Quick as a flash he replied that he'd engage it with his anti-tank rocket launcher.

The DI Staff, puzzled asked where he'd get this rocket launcher from?

He replied "Same place as you got that funking tank from!" 😄

RIP Geoff you're sadly missed.
Geoff had a great sense of humour and will be sadly missed, RIP buddy

Forestfan

SAC
A great source of guidance to this very young and green LAC at Cranwell, and instructor par excellence while on FT at Cosford. Lovely man, RIP Geoff.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just been informed that Geoffery's funeral will be held at 13.30 on Monday the 2nd August at Grantham Crematorium