• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SFA during phase two after transfer from Army

Hello,
I have a question I seem to be finding difficult to get answers for and wondered if anyone can help me. Basically I am hopefully going to be joining the RAF as an ICT TECHNICIAN. I am currently serving in the Army and am also currently living in SFA with my wiffe and two children. I understand that for phase 1 I have to live in the block as does every recruit. My first question is throut the phase 1 recruit training can I retain my current SFA? My second question is, am I entitled to SFA during my stay at RAF Cosford? The ICT course, I beleive is just over a year long. If anyone could shed some light on this for me I would be very grateful.
thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
The second question is easy. You are entitled to SFA during phase 2 at the location of your training.

Whether or not your family can stay at your current location when you undertake phase 1 of RAF training is a decision for your local defence housing officer as you will no longer be 'entitled' to SFA. Although unentitled, if there is a surplus of SFA they will most likely be allowed to remain until you move on to phase 2.
I'm not sure but I don't think you'll be able to claim anything when you move from Army to RAF accommodation.