• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Service Risk Insurance Premium

K

KickingK

Hi,
Hubby out in afghan and my our life ins and mortgage protection policy has gone from £19 a month to £95 (for 12months then will revert to £19) due to this factor.
Am I correct in thinking he can claim this back from the RAF?
If so, how, he does my head in, his admin is shocking so thought Id do the donkey work for him!!

Thanks guys.

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
Possibly. Check out Chapter 10 Section 6 of the JSP 752 through Airspace, RAFCOM or his PSF and see if you meet the criteria. Sorry I can't be more specific but it does depend on a lot of different factors which you'll know and I don't.

Welcome to the Goat too!

Sniffer

Super Moderator
I very much doubt it. I applied for a decreasing term mortgage life insurance with Legal and General back in April and was quoted £197 a month for 1st 12 months reverting back to £16. The reason being: I am off to Afghanistan next month.

If I were you I would look into cancelling the policy and look at someone like Service Life Insurance. I get £100,000 payout for £15.02 a month premium guarenteed for the rest of my Service career.

It really does make my blood boil. Insurance underwriters would rather price themselves out of the market, than take the risk of insuring servicemen/women. I'd rather they just had the balls to refuse cover.

I wrote to Legal and General last week to explain, that although there is an increased risk to "some" personnel deployed sandyside, most people who go, come back in good health and to charge such extorsionate premiums is a kick in the teeth.