• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Service complaint advice

Just after a little info from any of you legal eagles out there

can anyone stop a service complaint that has been put in because
they do not agree with its content ?

if someone were to do that ... what might be the consequences be for them ... even
shoukd the service complaint. It be upheld ... surely their action of stopping it going through
must be an offence if some sort

thanks in advance

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Just after a little info from any of you legal eagles out there

can anyone stop a service complaint that has been put in because
they do not agree with its content ?

if someone were to do that ... what might be the consequences be for them ... even
shoukd the service complaint. It be upheld ... surely their action of stopping it going through
must be an offence if some sort

thanks in advance

Is any coercion involved?

What level is the person at that is trying to stop the SC?

Does the SC directly or indirectly involve the person wanting to stop the complaint?

Why doesn't that person agree with the content?

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Oc hr does not think it should be processed to some small degree they were involved in what the complaint is about

If that person is involved in the SC (even on the fringes / indirectly) he / she should not be involved in the process.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
If that person is involved in the SC (even on the fringes / indirectly) he / she should not be involved in the process.

Agreed - if they're involved (even in a small way) and they attempt to stop it being processed, you're well within your rights to go over their head to keep it going (usually means going to Harry Staish, or perhaps outside the Unit). If they do manage to halt it, I would expect them tol fare far worse on a second attempt at a higher level (you may want to point that out to them - indications of guilt, etc...)

What I really want to know is

if I put a service complaint it it goes to P1 .... can anybody intercede and stop it proceeding
or does the service complaint system have protection built in that once it's started it needs to be proceeded through
to its conclusion

Service Complaint

Service Complaint

If its available to you try looking through JSP 831 that's for SC and redress or JSP 763. I'm no legal eagle but I'm sure only the complainant or CO can stop the process. There's info in JSP 831 about the SC ombudsman, its possible to go down that road if you think your flogging a dead horse.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
The specified officer (normally the Stn Cdr unless he/she is implicated) is the only one who can decide whether a SC is admissible or not. There are a few types of complaint that cannot be considered under the SC process mainly because there are other avenues available (pay & allowances, disciplinary matters, pensions, that sort of thing) otherwise any complaint has to be considered admissible. OC HR/PSF is responsible for facilitating the SC and may provide advice to the specified officer but that is the limit of his/her responsibility.

If in doubt, go straight to the ombudsman.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
Don't forget the Service Complaints Commissioner. Have seen a friend of mine go around the system as they thought it would get stopped. You can try this route but they want to know what have you done about it before they proceed. they go straight in at 2* level. So when this hits the desk it will hit with a thump.

Thanks for the comments/advice

ive heard nothing about my service complaint since an interview with of he who wasn't happy that I had put it through
im assuming they have halted it in the system as they didn't agree with it but at no time have I stopped it. In my final days now so will wait until past my final day then go in and speak with OC HR .. and bring a Civ by will insist they call me 'sir' with a witness there of course and then let them know to expect legal proceedings to come their way

Sniffer

Super Moderator
Just out of curiosity, what sort of outcome are you looking for. Righting a wrong or proving a point?