• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Service Accommodation

R

Replicant

Hello there,

I am currently in the application process, waiting for my PJFT and Medical and I have a question about the service accomodation.

I have a girlfriend, 2 step kids and a child of my own who are dependant upon my wages and I was wondering if my family would be able to come with me and live on base during my trade training if I am successful in my application. The trade training is for 16month in St. Athans and we currently live in Reading.

I have asked at the AFCO and there was no real answer to the question so I was wondering if anyone has any experience in regards to this?

Many thanks!

Scott

A

Aaoi

Hello there,

I am currently in the application process, waiting for my PJFT and Medical and I have a question about the service accomodation.

I have a girlfriend, 2 step kids and a child of my own who are dependant upon my wages and I was wondering if my family would be able to come with me and live on base during my trade training if I am successful in my application. The trade training is for 16month in St. Athans and we currently live in Reading.

I have asked at the AFCO and there was no real answer to the question so I was wondering if anyone has any experience in regards to this?

Many thanks!

Scott
Are you married?

Gen tech yeah? I have 12 months trade training and am married and got married quarters. I got told by a lot of people that i would be entitled to it because i was training but that wasnt the case. I dont have to live in blocks I just report for duty every day and thats it :) hope that helps!

Unless your married I'm afraid you won't get one. That said if saints has surplus quaters then there is a chance you might. I'd worry about getting in first!

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
You could get a quarter for you and your own child but your girlfriend and her children would not be allowed to live there.
The only relationships recognised by the RAF are marriage or civil partnerships.
You could rent privately in the locality if permission is sought to live off camp during training.
The easy option is to get married before you join up as you will then be entitled to certain financial allowances when you get posted at the end of training.

R

Replicant

We're not married, but we've been together for nigh on four years now. The information I'm getting is varied. Some have said that you definately need to be married and others say that you might be able to get it if theres one available.

Like you've mentioned, I need to worry about getting in first. But I want to make sure that I know everything I need to know. I've already said to the missus that if it's the case that we need to be married, the balls in her court. She marries me and she comes with me, if not, then she can''t be that serious about it!

A

Aaoi

We're not married, but we've been together for nigh on four years now. The information I'm getting is varied. Some have said that you definately need to be married and others say that you might be able to get it if theres one available.

Like you've mentioned, I need to worry about getting in first. But I want to make sure that I know everything I need to know. I've already said to the missus that if it's the case that we need to be married, the balls in her court. She marries me and she comes with me, if not, then she can''t be that serious about it!

I know what its like to get varied reports and it differs from base to base. Ive been with my other half for 12 years but it didnt mean anything, you really do need to be married. Best of luck though, hope it works out :)

JTforever

Corporal
If you are married then you WILL get quarters. If not married, then IF the base you are at has surplus quarters then you MIGHT be allocated one if you apply.

Get married if you're on that road already, makes things much easier.

Just to reconfirm what I and the other goaters have said, there is a chance that you'll be given a surplus quarter, this will be for you and your child only. Best way to get what you need is get married. I promise its not that bad, sorry what am I saying, it is that bad!!!!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk