• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Separated

AndyF

LAC
Advice please, I have very recently separated from my wife (retired service). I had been commuting, beanstealing in the Mess, and claiming GYH. I am now living in the Mess, although paying half of mortgage. I am returning fortnightly to see children in a nearby contact house. As I am separated, but still married can I continue to claim GYH allowance and accommodation. And should I declare our separation or can I wait until actually divorced. Thanks

Keyser Söze

Corporal
I would discuss this matter with your Chf Clk, (if you know him and trust him then it may make the process easier).

Rules may of course have changed since I was serving, but IIRC there is a period of grace, normally 6 months or so, during which time you and your wife may reconcile. Alternatively if the situation is irrevocable, then you may lose access to certain (married) allowances. The shiny will be able to advise specifics.

Good luck with this, it may be a bumpy ride for you and your family

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Rules may well have been re-written since I left in 2014, but at that time there was no actual requirement to visit the property to be entitled to claim GYH - all you had to do was prove that you owned (or rented) a private property, did not rent it out, and were responsible for all bills.