• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sep 2023 CPI Rate on the horizon

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
People who pay too much tax just aren’t planning correctly, in a couple of years I’ll be bumping up to the next cliff edge and a SIPP will come in, I’ve got too many bikes now.

I was chatting to a guy who’s currently leaving the other day, secured a good job and he falls into the Child Benefit claw back zone, he thought it wouldn’t hit until next year when he gets his pension, but he’s getting double bubble until December so will breach the 60k limit this year.

Now he’s got to have the conversation with his beloved and is rethinking about making minimal pension contributions.