• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Selection Interview

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Dunno whether you guys are aware, but you can download an audio file of the RAFFT beep test via the internet (it's on the RAF careers or RAF community website I think). Very handy for prep - road running and cross country doesn't quite train your body in the same way.

Dunno whether you guys are aware, but you can download an audio file of the RAFFT beep test via the internet (it's on the RAF careers or RAF community website I think). Very handy for prep - road running and cross country doesn't quite train your body in the same way.

I have downloaded it and went down to the park marked out the 20m and got to 9.01.....I thought it was this I had to get too but alas it was 9.10, so next time Ill be going to that (if not further). I haven't run a bleep test since high school (some 12/13 years ago) so it was tough, but I think ill factor in 2/3 of these a week from now on. Thanks for the heads up WB!

stams1985

LAC
Just got home from my medical, only thing that seemed to be an issue was something i had as a child. Perthes disease (even though its not actually a disease). Although it does't automatically exclude me they need to see my last x-rays to check for any abnormality.

Its something that hasn't bothered me or affected my everyday life in years and i know the ball joint on my hip has grown slightly larger (same has happens with most bone injuries, i.e. breaks and fractures) so hopefully it will be ok although the doctor said not to get my hopes up.

Already dropped the forms off for my gp to pass on relevant information, does anyone know if there is anything i can do if i get rejected on this basis?

Just got home from my medical, only thing that seemed to be an issue was something i had as a child. Perthes disease (even though its not actually a disease). Although it does't automatically exclude me they need to see my last x-rays to check for any abnormality.

Its something that hasn't bothered me or affected my everyday life in years and i know the ball joint on my hip has grown slightly larger (same has happens with most bone injuries, i.e. breaks and fractures) so hopefully it will be ok although the doctor said not to get my hopes up.

Already dropped the forms off for my gp to pass on relevant information, does anyone know if there is anything i can do if i get rejected on this basis?

I feel for you mate. Like was advised to me, might be worth trying to speak to your GP (although this can be easier said than done) and ask what their opinion is, did you circle YES or NO to seeing what they send to CAPITA? Personally I don't know what the process is, but you may be able to appeal it via the AFCO, maybe give them a call and ask "what if this comes back, can I appeal it?". Don't give up though keep training because as you said it was a childhood issue so there may be a possibility they will pass it on what your GP tells them.

Good luck, I hope the news is good when it comes!

stams1985

LAC
I feel for you mate. Like was advised to me, might be worth trying to speak to your GP (although this can be easier said than done) and ask what their opinion is, did you circle YES or NO to seeing what they send to CAPITA? Personally I don't know what the process is, but you may be able to appeal it via the AFCO, maybe give them a call and ask "what if this comes back, can I appeal it?". Don't give up though keep training because as you said it was a childhood issue so there may be a possibility they will pass it on what your GP tells them.

Good luck, I hope the news is good when it comes!

I ticked no because I've seen the xrays, which is all they've asked for. I know my ball joint is slightly larger on the side that had to grow back. Depends on what they consider an abnormality really. I know some grow back out of shape and with dents in. Will message afco see what they say.

I stay pretty fit anyway with martial arts and gym etc so not about to let that slip.