• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Selection interview/fitness test tips.

Hi all,
Firstly, I'm due to have myselection interview next thursday and I wondered if anyone had any tips or pointers to help. I'm currently researching the history/ future of the RAF and also it's involvement with NATO. I'm also going into my own person history and acheivements. Are there any movers on here that could give me a little advice on the trade training? What kind of things are covered in those first 5 months at Brize Norton?

Also, I've seen a couple of conflicting things regarding the fitness test. Is the run on a treadmill? Or is it the bleep test, I've been traning pretty hard but it would be good to get some practise at the shuttle runs if thats how I'm going to be tested.

Thanks in advance guys,

Steve Goral

R

Reformed Scribbly

Your Pre-Joining Fitness Test (PJFT) will be done at a local Fitness First gym on a treadmill, future fitness tests will involve the bleep test.

B

Blanche

Hi,

I had my interview a few months ago and I remember how daunting it was not knowing what the interviewer might ask you. It helped me to hear from someone else's experience so I will list some of the things I was asked about.

Good idea to research the history of the RAF. I would look up different bases in the UK and overseas. You may need to recite a few. You need to know what NATO is. You also need to know what operation HERRICK and TELIC are and where they are.
They may ask about basic training, all the different stages and learning you will be doing.
You need to know your chosen trade INSIDE OUT. You should be able to recite everything that happens after your basic training including any qualifications you will gain.
They may ask where you see your self in 10 years time.
It sounds obvious but be enthusiastic about the RAF.
They will ask you more about your personal life, perants, siblings, primary school, secondary school, hobbies and commitments, college/university, travel, any members of family that have been in the Armed Forces.
When and why you decided to join the RAF.
They may ask what the role of the RAF is.
Get familiar with different aircraft and if you can try and remember where a few of them are based as they could ask you to go into more detail.

Hope this helps,
Good Luck

Passed my interview.

Passed my interview.

Cheers for all the help guys. Thanks to your advice i passed it, although it was no where near as hard as I'd imagined.

Just got to get the medical and fitness tests out of the way now. Hope everyone else has as much luck as I did.

Steve

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Can I suggest you have a good look here

Make sure you look at all the links, theres a wealth of information.

and also at the fitness forum here