• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Security & Previous Debt

oneiron

LAC
Hi all, Ive managed to get to the stage of medical and recently had my medical and was sent my DSV on line to complete.
ive been completely honest throughout the application process and declared that I hold a few minor (non custodial)convictions all of which are spent , the last being over 13 years ago. The oldest dating back to when I was still at school over 30 years ago.
During this time 13 years I also suffered severe financial difficulties but these are all sorted now and I have only a credit card debt which is paid on time and under control.Again I have declared all on my DSV form.
Q: Will these convictions and / or former debt prohibit me from gaining the necessary Security vetting?

pepper0ni

LAC
Tried praying for 3 weeks on my Sc clearance to come through, it's now four weeks and I have resorted to bashing my head against my keyboard... lol. It's supposed to be up to six weeks so It shouldn't be too long :D

oneiron

LAC
Tried praying for 3 weeks on my Sc clearance to come through, it's now four weeks and I have resorted to bashing my head against my keyboard... lol. It's supposed to be up to six weeks so It shouldn't be too long :D
its now over 6 weeks and haven't heard anything rang up SQN and was told it will take up to 6 weeks , Im also waiting to have the date for my limited Medical and this is also well over a month since they had the information they required from my GP. Why does everything take soooooo long ?????? On average how long does the whole recruitment process take ?, Ive met some guys on the medical and they only applied the month before yet it took me 9 months to get to this stage...

oneiron

LAC
Update:

Update:

its now over 6 weeks and haven't heard anything rang up SQN and was told it will take up to 6 weeks , Im also waiting to have the date for my limited Medical and this is also well over a month since they had the information they required from my GP. Why does everything take soooooo long ?????? On average how long does the whole recruitment process take ?, Ive met some guys on the medical and they only applied the month before yet it took me 9 months to get to this stage...
Its now over 10 weeks and stills states "IN PROGRESS" coupled with the fact I had my medical in July and Im still awaiting a date for my 2nd medical so that they can discuss my broken arm from 40 years ago and appendix removal from 8 years ago, I have made the decision to take up an offer to join the Fire Service. During my medical for the Fire Service I happened to be speaking to a consultant who helped Capita with their bid to win military medicals contract , he admitted to me that where possible Capita consultants will defer clients as it is a "nice and easy earner" for them. It seems the RAF are in no rush to recruit and I don't understand why the three services have such different recruitment policies ,incentives and pay rates which is strange as they all serve the same nation? Gradually the process for me has become a constant source of frustration I think I have been patient enough and on my part I cant have done any more the speed the process up it just takes too long and no one even bothered asking me why I had withdrawn my application - which to me gives and indication of how the RAF view reservists. Anyway , sincerely good luck to all the people who enter the process and manage to eventually get in and serve.

One iron, sorry your process was not good and the experience has driven you to another organisation.

Whilst it may not help you there are now some major changes taking place, to try and avoid a repeat of your experience.

Now you are attested before the medical and fitness test, so there is a better link to deal with any hiccups. I am concerned by your capita experience has they were briefed earlier this year not to TMU individuals if common sense dictated an injury was a long time ago (i.e. your broken arm).

If you are willing and able to drop me some more details in a PM then I would like to try and get to the bottom of the problem. It won't help you now, but I hope will stop the same happening again in the future.

RAF Reserves.