• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Life?

Major Geek

Sergeant
Don't know if this is the best place for this discussion but what do you think about "Second Life"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Life

Brilliant idea by the originators to make a pile of dosh! Nerds join it and spend funny money (they even have their own currency) on an island, shoes etc.
Personally I think they should all get out and enjoy a real life.

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
Sounds like a posh version of the goat. I wouldn't have the time to visit a cyber world, only just enough time in the day for Rugby, Work and Beer.

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

D

DrunkenMonki

Don't know if this is the best place for this discussion but what do you think about "Second Life"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Life

Brilliant idea by the originators to make a pile of dosh! Nerds join it and spend funny money (they even have their own currency) on an island, shoes etc.
Personally I think they should all get out and enjoy a real life.

Heard about this before. Some aussie guy bought a virtual island off the software company for over $20000(aus). He then sold off chunks of the virtual island to virtual sub companies who used the virtual land to generate virtual goods, then sold to other players on the virtual market! Apparantly, the commerce has real cash value somehow! Nuts!

Just goes to show that the right person can sell anything to anyone!

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
There is a Sci-Fi one called Project Entropia that is similar to this except that there is more of a game element (you can go out hunting for animals or criminals etc). Free to join and no fees, BUT you will need a place to sleep so you would have to rent or buy a house and then pay rates etc on it. Also, your kit wears out and can be repaired "for a small fee".

Some big money being spent on it here.

And a cash card to give you immediate real world access to your virtual cash here.

Just to really wind me up, the BBC own a stake in a vitual gig venue on the beach in Second Life. Glad that my licence fee isn't being p1ssed away then.:pDT_Xtremez_25:

fatbaldchief

Corporal
There is a Sci-Fi one called Project Entropia that is similar to this except that there is more of a game element (you can go out hunting for animals or criminals etc). Free to join and no fees, BUT you will need a place to sleep so you would have to rent or buy a house and then pay rates etc on it. Also, your kit wears out and can be repaired "for a small fee".

Some big money being spent on it here.

And a cash card to give you immediate real world access to your virtual cash here.

Just to really wind me up, the BBC own a stake in a vitual gig venue on the beach in Second Life. Glad that my licence fee isn't being p1ssed away then.:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Christ. Tw@ts. Open the curtains, blink, exit through door, walk to pub, get some friends :pDT_Xtremez_35: