• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scouts or Druggies

UlsterExile

Sergeant
Now we all know the mail ain't the best rag in the world. But this is nuts, surley buy giving kids some sort of morals, place to go and sense of achivement you would not have druggies and young offenders roaming the streets at night. In my view it would be money well spent rather than giving it to druggies and scrotbags who harass OAP's and hang around street corners on the night saying "they have nothing to do".

Knowsley Council wise up.:pDT_Xtremez_32:

Link

Drill Bit

Sergeant
Now we all know the mail ain't the best rag in the world. But this is nuts, surley buy giving kids some sort of morals, place to go and sense of achivement you would not have druggies and young offenders roaming the streets at night. In my view it would be money well spent rather than giving it to druggies and scrotbags who harass OAP's and hang around street corners on the night saying "they have nothing to do".

Knowsley Council wise up.:pDT_Xtremez_32:

Link

Agreed mate. Kids tend turn to crime and drugs when they have little else to do; it would make eminent sense to invest in the Scouts to ensure that, at least those 70 who use it, can continue to do so for the betterment of themselves.

I heard this bloke on the local radio station the other day and he made a reasoned and passionate plea for common sense from not only this council, but also central government who after all are driving the policy.

Tory governments were traditionally tough on crime, but with this kind of thinking and the Ken Clarke debacle have trashed that. Tough on Crime has given way to a policy of slash spending to fund the inevitable tax cuts which they hope will con the British People into returning them to power in 2015

If successive governments had cracked down on crime, and sent offenders to drug free prisons for meaningful rehabilitation as a secondary value to appropriate punitive measures; money could be spent on preventing kids from the type of sink areas that we are talking about here, falling through the cracks by giving them a youth service to instil values and morals that sometimes their parents are incapable of.

Jimps

D

DFandproud

Now we all know the mail ain't the best rag in the world. But this is nuts, surley buy giving kids some sort of morals, place to go and sense of achivement you would not have druggies and young offenders roaming the streets at night. In my view it would be money well spent rather than giving it to druggies and scrotbags who harass OAP's and hang around street corners on the night saying "they have nothing to do". Knowsley Council wise up.:pDT_Xtremez_32: Link
I agree that we need to nurture the good kids but with the Scout Association having charity status there is likley to be legal issues it they were to receive funding from a government body, albeit local government.