• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Saturday afternoon Wrestling

R

referee806

As I remember we had 3...beebs 1,2 and ITV...We didn't get channel 4 for years after it came out due to the hills and no close TX's...

It would have been Bail Brush or Jim'll fix it on BBC 1, mind you, you can't beat the Silver Haired one on ITV

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Some more wrestling names Dave 'Fit' Finlay, Danny Boy Collins and believe it or not Pat Roach

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Real wrestling in those days not this WWF rubbish!

It's now the WWE as the World Wildlife Fund the original WWF put the pressure on to change the name.

Another name from the past Kendo Nagasaki big bloke in mask about as oriental as roast beef and Yorkshires. Always nearly had the mask removed but saved himself for another day childhood memories black and white telly great innit.

wolfy

Warrant Officer
Another name from the past Kendo Nagasaki big bloke in mask about as oriental as roast beef and Yorkshires. Always nearly had the mask removed but saved himself for another day .

He did eventually have his masked removed, infact i can remember it happening twice, thats really frightning that I can remember that far back.

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
It's now the WWE as the World Wildlife Fund the original WWF put the pressure on to change the name.

Another name from the past Kendo Nagasaki big bloke in mask about as oriental as roast beef and Yorkshires. Always nearly had the mask removed but saved himself for another day childhood memories black and white telly great innit.

Ah Kendo or should I say: Peter Thornley

Born October 19, 1946 in Stoke-on-Trent, England he is a legendary British professional wrestler known as Kendo Nagasaki. Kendo Nagasaki was one of the biggest draws of all time in British Wrestling, especially in the mid-1970s to mid-80s period.

Unmasked:

March 1966: Kendo Nagasaki defeated and unmasked Count Bartelli at the Victoria Hall, Hanley

July 1971: Sensational TV contest with Billy Howes, the mask comes off in the heat of the battle.

December 1975: Kendo Nagasaki was unmasked on television by Big Daddy.

Deceember 1977: Ceremonial unmasking ceremony at the Civic Hall Wolverhampton.

April 1978: Kendo Nagasaki appears as an unmasked wrestler for the first time in a contest at Croydon against Bronco Wells.

During a tag match in 1988 current British wrestler Robbie Brookside ripped Nagasaki's mask off and he then sent Brookside into a deep hypnosis. Brookside then attacked his own tag partner, Steve Regal (WWE's Darren 'William Regal' Matthews) and he then covered a stunned Brookside for the win. This was of course fake, nothing really happened.

October 1991, Kendo Nagasaki feuded with Giant Haystacks, and at one point was robbed of a chance at the CWA World crown after Haystacks deliberately pulled off Nagasaki's mask forcing him to abandon the match.

Regards
SCJ

wolfy

Warrant Officer
SCJ you never cease to amaze with your ability to uncover information within the shortest of time!

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Ah Kendo or should I say: Peter Thornley

Born October 19, 1946 in Stoke-on-Trent, England he is a legendary British professional wrestler known as Kendo Nagasaki. Kendo Nagasaki was one of the biggest draws of all time in British Wrestling, especially in the mid-1970s to mid-80s period.

Yet another famous name to add to the Stoke on Trent List Cheers SCJ
Does anyone know if the British Bulldog started in the UK?

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Remember when my old man took me to see it at the town hall way back. People like Jimmy Breaks and 'Cry Baby' Cooper. Don't think it was ever on the tele but the obligatory old dear swatting the ropes with her handbag whilst shouting mild obscenities at the wrestlers certainly added to the amusement!

PSF Angel

LAC
I had no idea that it was fake when I watched as a nipper. My mum used to tell me who was the 'goodie' and who was the 'baddie' at the beginning. If the baddie won I would go into the hallway and cry!

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Some more... Count Bartelli (I think the spellings ok) who used to dislocate peoples arms (or made it look like) until he got a submission, Adrian Street (feckin lipstick etc), Jackie Pallo (looked a bit like Jimmy Saville).

G

grumpyoldb

Saturday afternoon wrestling used to be a lunchtime session, then take a fat wraf with upside down legs back to the block for the afternoon.:pDT_Xtremez_28:
2 holds, three submissions, or one knockout to decide the winner.LOL!!!

K

katinthehat

Compulsive Saturday viewing for me!!
I used to be like all kids and get well into it - a bit like the Granny that always sat in the front row and beat the nasty guys with her handbag!!

Who was the guy known as Crybaby somebody - always fun to watch too!!

insty66

Corporal
Who was the guy known as Crybaby somebody - always fun to watch too!!

Cry baby Sid Cooper!

Also the Borg twins two identical Maltese twins who thing was quick tags to confuse the Ref so he "didn't" know who was supposed to be in the Ring.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Another one...Brian Glover, British actor (Aliens 3 etc) but in the ring "Leon Arris...the man from Paris"