• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sandals

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
It's my 10th wedding anniversary next spring and the wife and I are looking at marking this event by heading on a Sandals holiday, probably to St Lucia, though we are quite open to other islands. We've never had an AI holiday before, let alone to Sandals and apart from a 6-week exercise to Belize in the late 90s (which included a bit of time in Jamaica), we are Caribbean virgins.

Has anyone here been on a Sandals holiday? If so:

1) Are they worth it? The adverts are all about luxury hideaways, and they are obviously a bit pricey (which we don't mind as I have a bit of cash left from my gratuity) but I want to get value for my money.

2) What can I expect from them?

3) Has anyone been to St Lucia and is it worth heading there as a destination?

4) Any other useful gen/advice/tips. etc.

As always, any assitance provided is greatly appreciated!

depthdog

LAC
do it

do it

short version, go to sandals.
used to go every year for a while, tried a few different ones, st. lucia included.
not cheap but no hidden 'extras'
you are not even allowed to tip...
top notch booze.
many restaurants from burgers to white glove service, the burger joint being open all night for that late night cravin
all water sports included, that means scuba diving as well!. not many include 'motorised' watersports.
i am an avid diver, and after adding up bar tabs and dives, for the caribbean, its a no brainer.
the best part... no kids.
and btw, its not some weird wife swappin deal either. all very cool and laid back, just what you presumably want in a carib trip...
just go, once.
i reckon you will be hooked.
enjoy!

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Mate I work with just got 2 weeks for the price of one in sandals Antigua. Says it's a no brained. Paid £1600 Each. He's been before and says it's worth and even better when you get the 2nd week free

Last edited:

Entropy

Sergeant
I utterly love Barbados (been 3 times) as everyone is really friendly and the whole island still has a great vibe. I understand that St Lucia is upmarket but do think about Barbados, didn't like Antigua though.

As for the AI , I think that its worth it as you don't have anything else to think about, just don't get worked up on spend vs consumption. That way you can go out elsewhere for a drink or to eat without feeling bound to be back at the resort. However I have never been to a Sandals resort.

Look at what the resort offers as I've been to ones that run main meal times then a constant snack bar in between time from morning until until late at night but that was a resort catering for mainly American (read as fat) tourists. Others just run set restaurant times. Plus look at what's is also provided such as free trips, snorkels, kayaks etc. as access to this type of kit can be expensive if you plan to use it.