• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Salary Sacrifice Scheme- Phones

G

gemarriott

http://www.bringme.co.uk/enquiries/flexphone_salary_sacrifice_scheme.html

Take a look at the above link. I think it means that companies can set up a salary sacrifice scheme so that employees can get cheaper phone calls. I wonder whether it would work for the glorious RAF.

I think that there is already a salary sacrifice scheme for child care but I cannot find the information anywhere, anyone help?

The salary sacrifice scheme for childcare depends on where you send your kids for childcare. I think the scheme is called busy bees or some such name. I know whenmy lad tried to get it he had to find a nursery which accepted the vouchers as payment and then for every so much he gave up in wages the nursery received payment by voucher for that and a bit more. didn't make him much but every little helps.

W

whitbylad

Child Care Salary Sacrifice

Child Care Salary Sacrifice

There is a national scheme where an employee can 'sacrifice' some of his/her salary before tax and national insurance is deducted and get the value in child care vouchers. I have contacted my local 'human resources' section as suggested by JPA about this and was told that the RAF cannot apply for this until the Army join JPA in April 2007. SO, once again I am PENAL****INGIZED for being in the RAF and serving my country. You would not believe the **** that I have had to put up with in the last few months, and I am in a nice, safe working environment. I will worry about my family when I am working alongside the Royal Marines in Afghanistan in 2007, because being in the RAF does not protect you from anything these days. I might have well joined the Army because I will spend 6 months of 2007-2008 living in a trench in Afghanistan. And will I get the same training as the army? will i be going there as part of a unit? i don't think so.
SOMEONE get us out of Iraq so that we can do a good job in Afghanistan

W

whitbylad

getting very angry

getting very angry

i'm married to a senior staff nurse who works in bedford accident and emergency. some of the stories she brings home, like at the weekend when she attended the scene where someone had got in front of a high speed east coast main line train. she gets no help with child care. no more than someone who works in a bank or estate agents. what are they doing for the country? because i will be living 150 miles away, if she wants a full-time job she will have to pay £1000 a month in child care for our twins, now what nursing job pays more than that?

G

gemarriott

i'm married to a senior staff nurse who works in bedford accident and emergency. some of the stories she brings home, like at the weekend when she attended the scene where someone had got in front of a high speed east coast main line train. she gets no help with child care. no more than someone who works in a bank or estate agents. what are they doing for the country? because i will be living 150 miles away, if she wants a full-time job she will have to pay £1000 a month in child care for our twins, now what nursing job pays more than that?

I sympathise 100% mate. My eldest boy has twins and has come across the same problem. He is a probation officer and his wife a senior school teacher and what with mortgage, childcare and car loan they are pretty fcuked. Two fairly well paid professionals skint as hell watching single mothers swan around on handouts without a care in the world.

The worst thing is twins only count once when it comes to the benefit pot..

Hang in there mate it is a bstard I know

G

gemarriott

There is a national scheme where an employee can 'sacrifice' some of his/her salary before tax and national insurance is deducted and get the value in child care vouchers. I have contacted my local 'human resources' section as suggested by JPA about this and was told that the RAF cannot apply for this until the Army join JPA in April 2007. SO, once again I am PENAL****INGIZED for being in the RAF and serving my country. You would not believe the **** that I have had to put up with in the last few months, and I am in a nice, safe working environment. I will worry about my family when I am working alongside the Royal Marines in Afghanistan in 2007, because being in the RAF does not protect you from anything these days. I might have well joined the Army because I will spend 6 months of 2007-2008 living in a trench in Afghanistan. And will I get the same training as the army? will i be going there as part of a unit? i don't think so.
SOMEONE get us out of Iraq so that we can do a good job in Afghanistan

that is one of the reasons my son left the cops and joined the probation service. The police force he was in didn't subscribe to the national scheme so effectively he was out £250 a month. The much trumped government aid for childcare is dependant on the people you work for operating the scheme and issuing the vouchers and the nursery/minder your kids go to accepting them. Doesn't sound comprehensive and universal as the government claim it to be.