• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Safety Raisers?

Hi all,

Safety raisers or scissor lifts or whatever you call them in your world, we all know the pushable, towable manually operated platforms used on flight lines around the world.

Can anyone point me towards the civilian equivalent? Have moved into a new industry which involves working at height and I think having a few of these will help.

Cheers in advance.

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Grove make the bigger ones used at Brize, they probably make a smaller version as well.

Craig855s

Sergeant
Grove make the bigger ones used at Brize, they probably make a smaller version as well.

Do Grove make the manual ones do they? the ones you have to push around and pump up manually, which takes ages? (that are immune to pushing,crappy tyres)

I did google it strangely enough - I don't want a self propelled unit such as the Groves, it has to be the manually operated one as weight is a big issue.

I'll check the AP tomorrow and see if I can get a maker from that.

And RHRAM - haven't used one of those for a few months - the joys of terminal leave!

M

MQ-9 Reaper

If your talking about something like this then they are not for working at height but for lifting objects. Is it a cherry picker your after?

Attachments

• scissor.jpg
    scissor.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 0

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
If your talking about something like this then they are not for working at height but for lifting objects. Is it a cherry picker your after?

No, a safety raiser.

IM000408.jpg

Attachments

• IM000408.jpg
    IM000408.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 0

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Here's the contact for the new Scissor lift platform
whether they are still operating like half the companies the RAF buys from I don't know
Description

THE MOBILE WORK PLATFORM IS A VERTICALLY ADJUSTABLE WHEELED PLATFORM USED TO POSITION UP TO 2 PERSONNEL, PLUS THEIR TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT, AT OVERHEAD LOCATIONS IN BOTH HANGARS AND AIRFIELD APRONS WHEN SERVICING AIRCRAFT. IT IS ALSO SUITABLE FOR GENERAL ACCESS REQUIREMENTS. IT COMPRISES A FRAME CONTAINING A RAM ASSEMBLY AND 2 PAIRS OF SCISSOR ARMS WHICH SUPPORT THE CAGE. A LADDER IS FITTED TO THE BASE OF THE PLATFORM FOR ACCESS TO THE CAGE WHEN THE PLATFORM IS FULLY LOWERED. SINCE THE PLATFORM IS NOT SELF PROPELLING IT NORMALLY REQUIRES TOWING TO THE DESIRED LOCATION. IT IS HOWEVER, CAPABLE OF BEING MANOEUVRED BY 1 PERSON. IT CAN EITHER BE CONNECTED TO A SUITABLE AIR SUPPLY OR RAISED MANUALLY TO A HEIGHT OF 2900MM, ENABLING PERSONNEL TO CARRY OUT ACTIVITIES UP TO A HEIGHT OF APPROXIMATELY 4750MM. THE PLATFORM CAN ONLY BE RAISED USING THE PLATFORM CONTROLS CONTAINED IN A RECESS ON THE PLATFORM FLOOR. THE PLATFORM CAN BE LOWERED USING THE PLATFORM CONTROLS AND CAN ALSO BE LOWERED IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION BY PERSONNEL ON THE GROUND; THIS IS DONE BY MANUALLY CONTROLLING THE EMERGENCY LOWERING VALVE LOCATED ON THE PLATFORM CHASSIS

UK LIFT COMPANY LTD
WESTMINSTER WORKS
SANDOWN RD
WATFORD
HERTS
WD2 4UB
01923 656200 01923 221231