• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Saab 9-3 Convertible

sp4rks

SAC
Hi all,

I'm thinking of chopping in my MY2000 Honda Accord 1.8 for a 98-02 9-3 Vert 2.0T SE (150 or 185bhp) in hope of keeping the tax down, way too expensive going newer.

What are your experiences from you's vert owners out there.

Already doing a lot of digging on Autotrader and Parkers but want some honest to goodness reviews from you lot.

Not a mid life crisis, always fancied one and i think now (well autumn time anyway) is the time to go for it.

Having said that at 36 it would be handy to get the mid life thing out of the way early, or maybe even pretend to get it out of the way now and accidentally have another when i am properly due one, just to keep the missus happy you understand.

Ta muchly,

sp4rks

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Its supposed to be a much under-valued future classic. Good time to buy if the written media out there are to be believed.

fourteen2two

Corporal
I have an 07 9-3 Tid (150bhp) It goes very well, is comfortable and averages around 40mpg. Had it about 18 months now.

Had to have a new alternator (warranty) apparantly not uncommon.

Most of the mechanical bits are common with Vauxhall and some Fiat models so not too pricey.

I have had older Sabs in the past, always liked them. I bought mine year before last in the winter-so got a good deal on it! No regrets here so far.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Last edited: